Releasing the sick child Ahmad Abu Roumi on condition of house arrest
February 11, 2014

The Israeli police released on Monday the 14-year old child Ahmad Abu Roumi from the village of Esawyeh after detaining him for 6 days. The family of the child said that the police released their son on condition of house arrest for a week and signing a financial bail of 5000 NIS and banned him from talking to his friends and discussing the interrogation with them. Ahmad mother told Wadi Hilweh Information Center that the police agreed to release her son because of his critical medical condition but pointed out that he might be called again for further interrogation. She explained that the forces arrested her son last Wednesday and despite telling the officer in charge about the medical condition of Ahmad and that he cannot handle the pressure of the interrogation, they still arrested him and transferred him to Al-Maskobyeh and were interrogating him from the morning hours until the afternoon when it was time to take him to court. After presented him to the judge, he would be interrogated all over again which led to a deterioration of his health and transferring him to Hadassah Ein Kerem Hospital. She added: “the family received a phone call from the police saying that Ahmad was in the hospital where the doctor refused to conduct any tests before the approval of his family”. She explained that they prevented from going to the hospital to check on their son. She pointed out that her son was subjected to psychological pressure and intimidation during the rounds of the ongoing investigation on charges of throwing stones and Molotov cocktails in Al-Aqsa and they also threatened to arrest his father if he doesn’t confess. Ahmad’s mother also explained that during the time he was detained, he was placed with his 16-year old brother Mahmoud and two other minors from Esawyeh and they threatened all four of them to put them on the lie detector device in addition to putting them in the police cars by themselves for hours.