In pictures: Closing the entrance of Esawyeh and a street in Al-Tur with cement blocks
The occupation authorities closed “Suleiman Al-Farisi” Street in the village of Al-Tur and the eastern entrance of the village of Esawyeh with cement blocks. The follow-up committees in both villages explained that the occupation forces closed “Suleiman Al-Farisi” Street in Al-Tur and the eastern entrance of Esawyeh with cement blocks as a “collective punishment” to the locals because of the breakout of clashes and throwing stones in the villages; note that the street that was closed in Al-Tur is the same street where the run-over incident occurred last Saturday night. The head of follow-up committee in Al-Tur explained the ““Suleiman Al-Farisi” Street is considered the main street of “Khallet Al-Ein” where 3500 people live and there are two schools in the street (elementary with more than 1200 students). Also, there is the cemetery of Mount of Olives and “Suleiman Al-Farisi” Mosque which is one of the main mosques in the area and Mount of Olives Club. Mohammad Abu Hummos, member of follow-up committee in Esawyeh, explained that the occupation forces partly closed (sides only) the entrance of the village and pointed out that the partial closure is more like a full closure because it will lead to heavy traffic jams in the street that is used by hundreds of vehicles daily. The closure also made it very hard on busses to go and out of the village.