The occupation releases five Jerusalemite and extends the arrest of five others
July 6, 2015

The Israeli police released five Jerusalem and extended the arrest of five others. Wadi Hilweh Information Center’s lawyer explained that the Israeli police released the 17-year old Ahmad Al-Ghoul, 18-year old Mohammad Emad Awad, 17-year old Nour Eddin Zaghal and 17-year old Mo’men Adileh without any conditions and extended the arrest of the 15-year old Hussam Hasan until Tuesday. The lawyer explained that the occupation forces arrested the children on Monday morning and interrogated them on charges of throwing stones. The lawyer added that the Magistrate judge rejected the appeal he submitted against the Magistrate judge’s decision to extend the arrest of his client Mohammad Mughrabi until next Thursday. Al-Dameer organization lawyer, Mohammad Mahmoud, explained that the Magistrate judge extended the arrest of Ahmad Darwish until 30/7/2015 for sentencing; note that Monday session was to read the indictment against him. The District judge extended the arrest of Shadi Alayan until 9/7/2015 and the Magistrate judge extended the arrest of Adham Mheisen until 9/7/2015. Seif Eddin Abu Asab was presented to the Magistrate judge on Monday and a session was scheduled for him in the middle of the month (he is not detained). Also, Amjad Qawwas was presented to the judge and a session was scheduled for him on 21/10/2015; note that the releasing conditions were cancelled during Monday’s session. The judge also decided to release Hasan Masri with a third-party bail; note that he was arrested last Saturday after settlers threw stones at him. Arrests The Israeli police called on Monday the activist Mohammad Tawfiq Shalabi for interrogation at Al-Maskobyeh and extended his arrest until Tuesday to present him to the Magistrate court. Shalabi’s wife, Um Jihad, said that the police called her husband on Sunday night and requested him to attend an interrogation at “Room 4” at Al-Maskobyeh on Monday morning. After the interrogation, Shalabi was surprised when the police decided to extend his arrest until Tuesday and present him to the Magistrate court.