Arresting a journalist and extending the arrest of another…releasing the family of Martyr Matar…prison sentences
The occupation forces arrested on Wednesday night the Jerusalemite journalist Samah Dweik after raiding her house in Ras Al-Amoud, Silwan. She was taken to Al-Qishleh police station in the Old City of Jerusalem.
Extending the arrest of children
On the other hand, lawyer Mohammad Mahmoud explained that the judge extended the arrest of Mohammad Ja’bari until 29/5/2017, Yehya Al-Kamel until 2/4/2017, Musleh Shihadeh until 19/3/2017, Mahmoud Salah until 16/3/2017, Mahmoud Naser until 27/3/2017, Mohammad Jodeh until 18/6/2017, Mohammad Abed and Ahmad Salaymeh and Mohammad Abu Asab until 2/4/2017.
Extending the arrest of young men
Lawyer Mahmoud also added that the judge extended the arrest of Omar Rweidat, Mohammad Shkeirat, Hussein Shkeirat, Mithqal Shkeirat, Khader Shkeirat and Eyad Shkeirat until 19/3/2017; Ahmad Mashahra, Wajdi Shkeirat, Ri’as Shkeirat and Bashar Shkeirat until 17/3/2017; Mansour Naser and Ahmad Abu Rmeileh until 21/3/2017, Suhaib Afaneh until 5/4/2017 and Mohammad Batroukh (Jerusalemite journalist) until 19/3/2017.
Prison sentences and fines
The judge issued sentences against the following:
- Abdelqader Dari (minor: a 140-hour course, a 4-thousand NIS fine and a suspended probation of 4 months for three years.
- Majd Mustafa (minor): Six months and one day in prison, a 3400-NIS fine and a suspended probation of 4 months for three years.
- Mo’men Dibs (minor): Actual imprisonment for 100 days, a 3600-NIS fine and a suspended probation of 3 months for three years.
- Yehya Abu Khdeir: Actual imprisonment for 27 months, a 5-thousand NIS fine and a suspended probation of 6 months for three years.
The judges decided to release the following:
- Adam Hamdan (minor) released with a 1000-NIS bail, house-arrest for 14 days and a third-party bail.
- Mahmoud Matar (Martyr Ibrahim Matar’s father) released on condition of house-arrest for 5 days.
- Khitam Matar (Martyr Ibrahim Matar’s mother) released unconditionally.
- Rida Matar (Martyr Ibrahim Matar’s brother) released on condition of house-arrest for 5 days.
- Matar Matar (Martyr Ibrahim Matar’s uncle) released on condition of house-arrest for 5 days.