Prison sentences…extensions of arrest…release
The occupation forces raided on Sunday night the neighborhood of Ras Al-Amoud in Silwan concurrently while welcoming the freed prisoner Majd Abbasi and were stationed in front of his house.
Wadi Hilweh Information Center was informed that the forces arrested the uncle of prisoner Majdi, Riyad Abbasi, on Sunday afternoon.
Lawyer Mohammad Mahmoud said the Israeli court issued prison sentences as follows:
- Yaser Hadreh: Actual imprisonment for 10 months, a 1000-NIS fine and a suspended probation of 6 months for 3 years.
- Ibrahim Hammoudeh: Actual imprisonment for 8 months, a 7500-NIS fine as compensation to the settler and a suspended probation of 6 months for 3 years.
- Mohammad Hammoudeh: Actual imprisonment for 8 months, a 7500-NIS fine as compensation to the settler and a suspended probation of 6 months for 3 years.
- Thaer Abu Sbeih: Actual imprisonment for 13 months and a suspended probation of 6 months for 3 years.
- Mohammad Ismat Obeid: Actual imprisonment for 5 months and a 3000-NIS fine.
Extensions of arrest
The Israeli judge extended the arrest of Mohammad Masri until 8/11/2017, Amir Mahmoud until 17/1/2018 for sentencing and Ali Mheisen until 6/11/2017 (witnesses hearing session). They also extended the arrest of Mahmoud Abulhawa, Hashem Abulhawa and Islam Bkeirat until 6/11/2017 and Bara’ Mahmoud until 30/11/2017.
The occupation authorities released Samer Darwish and Ahmad Darwish with a 750-NIS bail for each, and unconditionally released Anas Qaraeen.
In the same context, the occupation police released 14-year old Mu’taz Zaytoon from Silwan after the lawyer had filed an appeal against extending his arrest.
The police also released the Jerusalemite activist and photographer Amin Siam with a 750-NIS bail and house-arrest for 5 days.