September 2019…Dozens of settlers storm Al-Aqsa Mosque….and arrests in Jerusalem
October 6, 2019

Wadi Hilweh Information Center published its monthly report for September 2019 in which it monitored the Israeli violations in the city of Jerusalem.

Al-Aqsa Mosque

During the month of September, hundreds of settlers carried out their incursions into Al-Aqsa Mosque, which takes place on a daily basis, except on Fridays and Saturdays, during two periods,in the morning and after the Afternoon prayer, through Dung Gate, which has been controlled by the occupation authorities since the occupation of Jerusalem.

In September, 2408 Jewish settlers and students stormed Al-Aqsa, and the last days of the month witnessed large-scale incursions into Al-Aqsa on the Jewish New Year. The Israeli Minister of Agriculture, Uri Ariel, led the incursions, along with dozens of rabbis, amid tight restrictions on the entry of Muslims to Al-Aqsa by checking and holding their IDs, and evicting the youth from the courtyards.  In addition, some of them were prevented from entering until the end of the daily incursions. The gates of Al-Aqsa Mosque witnessed marches by settlers and special prayers during the Jewish New Year.

In September, the head of the Knesset's Foreign Affairs and Security Committee, AviDichter, also stormed Al-Aqsa.

On the 26th of last month, the Israeli occupation authorities closed Al-Aqsa Mosque for more than an hour, claiming that a child tried to stab a female soldier at its gates. Hundreds of worshippers were forced to pray the Afternoon Prayer at Al-Aqsa gates, until the gates were reopened.

The Israeli occupation authorities also continued the policy of banning Palestinians from entering Al-Aqsa Mosque. The center monitored the issuance of 14 orders banning young men and women from entering Al-Aqsa Mosque, while two men were deported from Jerusalem.

Arrests

Wadi Hilweh Information Center monitored 175 arrests in Jerusalem last September, including 4 children "under the age of responsibility / under 12 years old", 6 females, and 45 minors.

The center said that the arrests mainly took place in the village of Issawiya, where the Israeli occupation forces arrested 106 Palestinians, followed by Silwan, Old City of Jerusalem and Al-Tur, in addition to random arrests from Jerusalem neighborhoods.

The information center said that among the detainees in September was the Minister of Jerusalem Fadi Hidmi, after storming his house in the neighborhood of Al-Sowaneh, in addition to storming the house of Jerusalem Governor Adnan Gheith and handing his family a summon for immediate investigation; Hidmi and Gheith were investigated for several hours.

At the end of September, the forces arrested 12-year old Ashraf Hasan Adwan after opening fire towards him and beating him afterwards under the pretext of attempting to stab a female soldier in Al-Aqsa Mosque. The child was injured with multiple bruises and suffers from pain in several places due to being severely beaten during the arrest.

Demolishing 13 establishments

The Israeli occupation authorities continued to demolish residential and commercial facilities in the city of Jerusalem in September. Wadi Hilweh Information Center monitored the demolition of 13 structures in Jerusalem, where two of them were self-demolished by their owners following orders by the occupation municipality.

The Israeli occupation forces demolished 6 houses, 2 under-construction buildings, 4 containers used for horses and 1 commercial facility.

The Israeli occupation authorities issued a decision last month to close a meat shop in Silwan for two weeks under the pretext of employing workers from the West Bank and illegal presence in Jerusalem.

The Israeli Magistrate Court issued a decision to evict Sumrein family from its property located in Wadi Hilweh neighborhood in Silwan, south of Al-Aqsa Mosque, under the pretext of being owned by the Jewish National Fund. The family was given 90 days to completelyevacuate the property.