The Martyrdom of a young man during the demolition and closure of the apartment of Martyr Musbah Abu Sbeih
December 22, 2016

The 19-year old Ahmad Nash’at Othman Khroubi who is a resident of “Sateh Marhaba” in the city of Al-Bireh passed away during violent clashes that broke out in the area of Kufor Aqab north of Jerusalem after the occupation forces raided the apartment of Martyr Musbah Abu Sbeih to demolish it.

Hundreds of soldiers raided Qalandia Refugee Camp and the area of Kufor Aqab to execute the Israeli Supreme Court’s order to demolish the apartment of Martyr Musbah Abu Sbeih resulting in the breakout of violent clashes in the area that led to the Martyrdom of Khroubi and injury of several others.

Jaber Sbeih, Martyr Musbah’s brother, explained that the forces raided the house around 1:00 a.m. and demolished the internal walls and then closed the main gates of the apartment.

The Israeli Supreme Court had ratified last Monday the demolition of Martyr Musbah’s apartment in Kufor Aqab following an order made by the military commander in the area on 17/11/2016 and according to the British Mandate Emergency Law in 1945. The Supreme Court decided to demolish the internal walls and close the apartment instead of demolishing the outside walls following engineering reports that demolishing the outside walls will cause damage to the building and neighboring houses especially that the Martyr’s apartment is on the 7th floor of a residential building.

Jaber Abu Sbeih, the Martyr’s brother, explained that the Israeli court ratified the demolition order of Musbah’s apartment despite being owned by his father. Martyrs Abu Sbeih was staying in the apartment with his family of 7 individuals (wife and five children).

Abu Sbeih pointed out that the Israeli authorities closed the family’s sweets stores in the village of Al-Ram after the Martyrdom of Musbah. The stores were reopened 50 days later after the family had appealed the closure decision as the stores are owned by the Martyr’s father.

The occupation authorities continue to detain the body of Martyr Musbah Abu Sbeih since last October after he carried out a shooting attack in the neighborhood of Sheikh Jarrah that led to the death of one Special Forces person and a female settler.