Al-Aqsa Mosque during the “Hebrew New Year”…incursions…blowing the horn…a complete siege…and an assault on worshippers stationed in Al-Aqsa and at its gates
September 17, 2023

Dozens of settlers stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque on Sunday, in celebration of the "Hebrew New Year", while the forces prevented Muslims under the age of 50 from entering.

The Islamic Endowment Department explained that 423 extremists, "303 during the morning period and 120 during the afternoon period", stormed the Al-Aqsa Mosque, through the Dung Gate, in the form of successive groups.

One of the settlers blew the horn "announcing the start of the Hebrew year" from inside the Al-Aqsa Mosque, and eyewitnesses explained that the settler broke into Al-Aqsa during the "afternoon" break-ins as part of a group of intruders, and when he arrived in the Bab al-Rahma area "Eastern Region" he blew the horn, in the presence of the police.

The settlers also performed collective and public prayers during the storming of Al-Aqsa Mosque.

The Israeli occupation police evacuated Al-Aqsa from the worshipers since the morning hours, taking the young men and women out of it and chasing them to prevent them from being in the mosque, and forced dozens of them to leave by force. The courtyards of Al-Aqsa seemed almost empty of Muslims, while the intruding groups and the occupation forces spread out in the mosque.

At the gates of Al-Aqsa, the settlers performed their prayers, and in the area of Al-Silsileh Gate, one of the settlers blew the horn, during which the sounds of “takbeers” rose from the people stationed at the gates, until the police removed the settler from the place.

One of the settlers also directed insults and chased those stationed in the area of Al-Silsileh Gate.

The occupation forces beat and pushed the women, youth, and journalist crews in the Al-Silsileh Gate area, and the elderly Abu Bakr al-Shami was wounded in the head, and the women Aida Al-Sidawi and Nafisa Khweis, were also injured.

The forces also checked the identities of those present in the Al-Silsileh Gate area, photographed them, and arrested 3 young men from the place.

This morning, the forces arrested Muntaha Imara, who remains stationed in Al-Aqsa and at its gates, and released her on the condition that she be deported from the Old City for 6 months.

The Noon prayer at the thresholds of Al-Aqsa

The worshipers performed the "Noon prayer" at the thresholds of Al-Aqsa, after they were prevented from entering it.