Day 119: Jerusalem during “Al-Aqsa Flood” Operation
February 2, 2024

On the 119th day of "Al-Aqsa Flood Operation", the occupation authorities imposed restrictions on worshipers entering the Al-Aqsa Mosque to perform the Friday prayer, while 13 thousand worshipers performed the Friday prayer in Al-Aqsa.

The Wadi Hilweh Information Center – Jerusalem explained that the occupation forces were deployed in the streets of the Old City and at all its gates, and at the gates of the Al-Aqsa Mosque, and the iron barriers were set up, in addition to being present in the Wadi Al-Joz and Ras Al-Amoud neighborhoods. “the closest neighborhoods to Al-Aqsa."

The center added that the forces stopped those heading to Al-Aqsa, randomly, and checked their identities and place of residence, and prevented hundreds of young men from entering Al-Aqsa.

A young man with his child from the village of Issawiya said: "I was able to pass through the checkpoints in the Wadi al-Joz area, and the entrance to the "Yusufiya Cemetery", and when I reached the other checkpoint in the middle of the cemetery, the forces stopped me and after checking my identity I was prevented from entering for no reason."

The young man in his thirties added: "Since the war, I have not been able to enter and pray at Al-Aqsa, restrictions on the entry of worshipers continue and have not stopped for nearly 4 months, it is our right to pray at Al-Aqsa."

Another young man said: "The most difficult roadblocks are on the way to the cemetery. The soldiers stopped me and asked me, "Where do you live?" And when I told them that I was a resident of "Wadi Al-Joz," I was prevented from passing and the soldier said, "The people of Wadi Al-Joz are prohibited from entering."

The young man said: "The restrictions are according to the mood of the soldiers deployed in the streets of Jerusalem. We pass from one checkpoint and are prevented at another. They attack us at one of the gates, and we are able to pass through other gates. They want Al-Aqsa empty."

The occupation forces stopped many young men and searched them while standing against the wall, and assaulted them with beatings, especially in the area of Lions Gate.

Due to the restrictions imposed on the entry of worshipers and preventing the young men from reaching Al-Aqsa, the prayers were held in the streets of Jerusalem despite the rain and the low temperature, and the young men led the prayer inside the Yusufiya cemetery, at the gates of Al-Aqsa, and in the Ras Al-Amoud neighborhood.

The Islamic Endowments Department estimated the number of worshipers who were able to pray at Al-Aqsa at 13,000 prayers.

The occupation forces continued to be present in the Al-Aqsa Squares during the prayer.

Since the beginning of the war, the occupation authorities have been imposing their restrictions on worshipers entering Al-Aqsa.

The forces were also deployed in the streets of Jerusalem, and the roadblocks were set up in several areas of Jerusalem.

On the other hand, the police released the young man Mahmoud Bamieh, from the town of Silwan, on the condition of house arrest and payment of a cash bail of 1000 shekels. Bamieh was arrested last Tuesday after storming his home and searching it in the Al-Thori neighborhood.

The court extended the detention of the young man Abdulrahman Da’na until next Tuesday.