Day 122: Jerusalem during “Al-Aqsa Flood” Operation
February 5, 2024

On the 122nd day of "Al-Aqsa Flood Operation", the child Wadi’ Shadi Alayan was martyred after being shot by the forces, while the settlers organized a sit-in in front of the headquarters of the UNRWA in Sheikh Jarrah to demand its closure, while the restrictions imposed on worshipers' entry to the Al-Aqsa Mosque continued.

Martyr Wadi’ Alayan \

The 13-year-old boy, Wadi’ Shadi Alayan, was shot by the Israeli police after he was stopped at the entrance to the town of Al-Eizariya, "the entrance to the Ma'ali Adomim settlement" east of Jerusalem, and the police said that he tried to carry out a stabbing attack after being stopped for a search.

The recordings via cell phone cameras from eyewitnesses showed that the boy was shot, and after he was wounded and fell to the ground, and while he was bleeding on the ground and not moving, a female soldier shot him from close range.

The eyewitnesses explained that the members of the occupation forces surrounded the injured boy and prevented them from approaching him, then more of them arrived and performed the necessary examinations on the body, and then detained him.

The intelligence called the father of the martyr, Shadi Alayan, and his aunt, to interrogate them at the police station.

A strike in the schools of the village of Jabal al-Mukabber

The Central Parents' Committee of Jabal Al-Mukabber schools has announced a general strike in the village's schools.

The committee said in its statement: "The strike includes all schools in the village of Jabal al-Mukabber as of tomorrow, Tuesday, 6/2/2024, and for three days protesting the heinous crime of occupation forces against one of the ninth-grade students of the Ibn Al-Haytham Preparatory School for boys, the martyr Wadi’ Shadi Alayan.

Calls for its closure ... a sit-in for the settlers in front of the headquarters of the UNRWA

On Monday evening, the settlers organized a sit-in in front of the headquarters of the UNRWA in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood of Jerusalem, at the invitation of the deputy mayor of the occupation municipality Aryeh King, under the slogan "Jerusalem will not be Gaza", and this comes with the incitement of the agency and the repeated calls for its closure.

The settlers raised slogans demanding the expulsion of the agency, and one of those slogans was "Expulsion of UNRWA... it is not wanted... stay outside", as the Israeli flags were raised during the demonstration.

The siege of Al-Aqsa Mosque…and the settlers' incursions are ongoing

Since the 7th of last October, the occupation authorities have continued their siege imposed on Al-Aqsa Mosque, stationing at its gates and placing iron barriers, and imposing restrictions on worshipers entering it, especially young men and women.

The settlers' incursions into Al-Aqsa Mosque continued, where 96 settlers carried out their incursions into Al-Aqsa during the morning and afternoon incursions, and performed their prayer during the incursion.

Demolition notices and summonses for municipal follow-up

The municipality's crews, accompanied by police officers, stormed the village of Issawiya, and distributed demolition notices and summonses to follow up with the municipality, to a number of residential facilities in the village.

Other crews also filmed the streets and buildings during the raid.

In the town of Silwan, municipal crews raided the Sweih neighborhood, and photographed the buildings and streets in the neighborhood.

The incursions into the towns and neighborhoods of Jerusalem continued, the checkpoints were set up and the police were deployed in the streets of the city, and the forces arrested two boys after storming their houses in the Shu’fat refugee camp at dawn Monday.