Day 207: Jerusalem during “Al-Aqsa Flood” Operation
April 30, 2024

On the 207th day of "Al-Aqsa Flood Operation", the young Turkish man, Hassan Saklana, 34 years old, was shot dead by the occupation forces in the Old City of Jerusalem. The forces carried out separate raids and arrests from the city of Jerusalem, while settlers’ raids on Al-Aqsa Mosque continued.

A shooting operation in the Old City of Jerusalem

The young Turkish man, Hassan Saklana, 34 years old, was shot dead by the occupation forces, after he carried out a stabbing attack on a soldier in the Herods Gate area in the Old City of Jerusalem.

Eyewitnesses explained that the forces opened fire at the young man, Hassan Saklana, and then imposed a tight siege on the area.

The forces closed Herods Gate and prevented entry or exit from the Old City. They also imposed a strict siege on the streets adjacent to the city, and restricted the movement of citizens, and this coincided with the departure of students from their schools.

The forces attacked the Jerusalemites by beating and pushing them while they were walking in the Herods Gate area.

The forces carried out separate arrests following the operation. The forces stormed a restaurant in Herods Gate area in the Old City and arrested two young men and severely beat them. On Sultan Suleiman Street, the forces stormed a commercial store and arrested its owner and two employees. They also arrested a Turkish tourist.

Immediately after the identity of the perpetrator was announced, intelligence stormed the Capitol Hotel in Salah al-Din Street, surrounded it completely, raided the Turkish martyr’s room, and confiscated some of his belongings.

Assault on Al Jazeera crew

On the other hand, a settler attacked the Al Jazeera crew, “correspondent Najwan Simri” and photographer Wael Al-Salaymeh, with insults, obstructing their work, and pursuing them outside and inside Herods Gate. He put his hands on the camera lens and tried to prevent Simri from speaking during a “live broadcast,” and this happened in the presence of the forces that provided protection for the settler under the pretext that he was a “journalist doing his job,” and when the residents tried to intervene to prevent the settler from continuing the attack, the forces shouted and pushed those present away.

Petition to the Supreme Court

Mohammad Mahmoud, the lawyer of the Wadi Hilweh Information Center - Jerusalem, submitted a petition to the Israeli Supreme Court demanding the release of the bodies of the martyrs Ali Al-Abbasi and Abdel-Rahman Faraj, after several requests from the army’s judicial advisor to release them.

Lawyer Mahmoud also asked the court to prevent their burial in the “numbers cemetery.”

The martyrs Al-Abbasi and Faraj were martyred on October 10th, “the fourth day of the war,” during confrontations in the town of Silwan.

Administrative detention…raids

The occupation authorities renewed the administrative detention of the Jerusalemite prisoner Murad Alayan for a period of 6 months for the second time in a row.

The forces stormed the village of Issawiya and arrested the young man, Mohammad Jamal Mahmoud.

Incursions into Al-Aqsa

The settlers continued their incursions into Al-Aqsa Mosque, and 117 settlers stormed the courtyards Al-Aqsa Mosque, through the Dung Gate, under the protection of the occupation forces.