The District court increases the sentence of four young men from Silwan… releases and extension of arrests
October 2, 2013

The District court sentenced on Wednesday four young men from Silwan for various periods between 13-17 months and extended the arrest of four others and released one. Mohammad Mahmoud, Al-Dameer organization lawyer, said that the District court agreed on the general prosecution’s appeal regarding the sentences of four young men from Silwan, and sentenced Majd Aweis for 17 months of actual imprisonment instead of 10, and Thaer Abbasi was sentenced for 11 months instead of 7, while Mohammad Abbasi and Mahmoud Mohammad Alqaq were sentenced to 13 months instead of 8. He added that the judge extended the arrest of Sameh Eweisat until 10/10/2013 and Naeem Hadyeh until 30/10/2013 until the “conduct officer” releases his report to discuss the possibility of releasing them with a bail and house arrest. It is expected that young man Hadyeh will be sentenced regarding the charges of throwing stones at Israeli forces inside Al-Aqsa during the next session. The Magistrate court judge released Mohammad Msha’she’ with a bail of 2500 NIS and house arrest until the legal procedures against him are completed. Wadi Hilweh Information Center was informed that the Magistrate court extended the arrest of Jalal and Yehya Shkeir until the 22nd of October, 2013 and the general prosecution refused to release them during today’s session under the pretext of  being “dangerous to the state’s security.” Jamal Shkeir explained that today’s session was based on the so-called “conduct officer” report since it was negative even though their interview with the officer in Beer Al-Sabe’ prison went really good. The officer said that they answered the questions very good but we felt like they were lying, while the father’s answers were good but it was obvious that he doesn’t have control over his children. Jamal Shkeir explained that his children were presented to court without the knowledge of their family or the lawyers, and the session was delayed for three hours.