The Israeli authorities continue isolating young men and women from Al-Aqsa Mosque
September 23, 2014

The Israeli authorities have stepped up their policy of isolating young men, women, children and Al-Awqaf employees from Al-Aqsa Mosque in the last few days. The police isolated on Monday the guard Raja’ee Saeed Al-Tarhi from Al-Aqsa Mosque until the 26th of October, 2014. Al-Tarhi said that the police and borders police raided his house in Al-Wad Street in the Old City of Jerusalem and searched it and then handed his family a summon to the police. Al-Tarhi headed on Monday to Al-Qishleh police center where he was interrogated on Al-Aqsa incidents and his injury at the beginning of the current month when he was injured with two rubber bullets in his back and leg. He was then handed a decision which isolates him from Al-Aqsa under the pretext of posing threat to the safety and security of Al-Aqsa visitors; note that he was threatened to extend the isolation for six more months. The Israeli police isolated on Thursday the 29-year old Dia’ Daoud Hammoudeh and 17-year old Nour Salim Shalabi from Al-Aqsa Mosque until 26/10/2014. Dia’ said that the Intelligence personnel raided his house in Oqbat Saraya in the Old City of Jerusalem and took him to Al-Qishleh police station when he was interrogated and was then transferred to the Magistrate court. He added: “When I was presented to the Magistrate court, I was handed an order from the Chief of Police in Jerusalem which isolated me from Al-Aqsa until 26/10/2014.” It is noteworthy that Dia’ Hammoudeh is a paramedic who is currently volunteering in Burj Al-Laqlaq Association. He was arrested last year after the incidents of 6/12/2013 and was detained for three months and was then released from the prison of Bi’er Sheva. The police also isolated the 17-year old Nour Salim Shalabi from Al-Aqsa Mosque until the 26th of October, 2014. Nour said that the Intelligence raided his house and arrested him. He was taken to Al-Qishleh police station in the Old City of Jerusalem. After being interrogated, he was handed an order to isolate him from Al-Aqsa Mosque until 26/10/2014. Also, four women were recently isolated from Al-Aqsa Mosque including a 64-year old woman. Last week, the police isolated Ikhlas Rakoud, Hanan Abu Sneineh, Muna Au Sbitan and another woman from Al-Aqsa Mosque for two weeks. Jamil Abbasi was also isolated from Al-Aqsa until 26/10/2014; note that the police called him and told him to come to the station and threatened him in case he doesn’t. Lately, the young man Mahmoud Qaraeen was also isolated from Al-Aqsa Mosque from 22/8/2014 until 26/10/2014.