Ms. Nihaya Mheisen subjected t beating, assault and strip search
May 30, 2015

The Israeli police released on Friday night three members from Mheisen family after detaining and assaulting them for no reason. Wadi Hilweh Information Center was informed that the occupation forces arrested on Friday afternoon the 38-year old Nihaya Mheisen, her 42-year old husband Hasan Mheisen and their 18- old son Ali after assaulting and beating them near the main entrance of the village of Esawyeh. Nihaya narrated to Wadi Hilweh Information Center the details of the assault and said: “While I was heading back to my house in the village of Essawyeh with a group of passengers in a “Ford Transit” coming from Al-Aqsa Mosque, the occupation forces were stationed at the main entrance of the village and they stopped our vehicle. They asked me and another lady to get out of the car for no reason and they detained our bags and personal items as well as my cell phone.” She added: “We were then told to go back inside the car and the forces asked the driver to drive towards the “Esawyeh Hill” near the main entrance. Again the passengers were told to get out the car and only I and the other lady were left inside and the forces told us to take off our clothes in order to search us.” She continued: “I refused to take off my clothes and asked them to bring my husband who was constantly calling me but I was not allowed to answer. One soldier came and threatened to strip search me by female soldiers if I don’t follow their orders. I tried to explain to him that I am sitting in a vehicle parked on top of a hill where locals and passers-by can clearly see me; they still refused to listen.” Mheisen explained that they tried to provoke her by precisely searching her personal items and asking her questions in addition to destroying the fruits and vegetables. Mheisen then said: “I was forced to go back in the car, take off all my clothes except for the underwear. They searched me in the presence of four female soldiers and then I was allowed to put my clothes back on. During the search, I asked for water since I was tired and dizzy but they never brought me any causing me to lose consciousness.” She continued: “I woke up to find myself lying on the ground with one female soldiers spraying me with water and lifting my legs while the soldiers were assaulting my husband with batons and also using a baton to choke him. I yelled at them and told them he was my husband and wanted to make sure I was alright after he was informed by some locals that I was detained. Other soldiers were also detaining and assaulting my son. “ Mheisen added: “The female soldiers then handcuffed me as well as my husband and son and we were all transferred to Salah Eddin Street police station where we were detained until 11 p.m. for no reason and then released with a third-party bail and a 5-day house-arrest for myself.”