In pictures: Clashes at Al-Aqsa Mosque
July 26, 2015

Clashes broke out on Sunday morning in the courtyards of Al-Aqsa Mosque after the occupation Special Forces broke into Al-Aqsa Mosque. Wadi Hilweh Information Center was informed that the occupation Special Forces raided Al-Aqsa through three gates (Hutta, Dung and Al-Silsileh) and randomly fired sound grenades and rubber bullets towards the Muslim worshippers. The forces also closed Al-Aqsa gates except for Al-Silsileh, Hutta and Al-Majles gates and established iron barriers on the gates and the roads leading to them. The forces also closed Al-Qibli Mosque with iron chains and surrounded the worshippers inside the Mosque who were able to stay in since Saturday night in response to the calls of Jewish extremist groups called “Alleged Temple Organizations” to break into the Mosque on the anniversary of the so-called “Destruction of the Temple”. The forces raided Al-Qibli Mosque and clashes broke inside it between the young men and occupation forces that fired grenades and rubber bullets towards them. They also sprayed them with pepper gas and threw the Holy Quran on the ground and deliberately damaged some of the Mosque’s facilities. The occupation authorities imposed restrictions on the entrance of Muslim worshippers to the Mosque since Sunday early morning and prevented men under the age of 50 from entering and forced them to pray at Al-Aqsa Gates. Around 7 a.m. the forces prevented all Muslims from entering Al-Aqsa and established iron barriers on its gates. Settlers broke into Al-Aqsa Mosque through Dung Gate and carried out a tour into its courtyards; note that among them was the Israeli Minister of Agriculture, Uri Ariel. According to the information available to Wadi Hilweh Information Center, a group of Muslim worshippers were injured with rubber bullets and other suffocated. The forces attacked Al-Aqsa guards several times and forced them to stay away. They also assaulted the worshippers and pushed them. The forces arrested one of Al-Aqsa guards, Um Riyad Sharabati, after assaulting her while doing her work. The forces also arrested the 14-year old Anas Mohammad Abu Hummos when he was near Al-Silsileh Gate and assaulted him during the arrest; he is detained in Al-Silsileh Gate police station. Summary of events:

  • At 10:45 a.m. the armed occupation forces withdrew from Al-Aqsa courtyards after three and a half hours of clashes.
  • Nearly 253 settlers broke into Al-Aqsa Mosque including the Israeli Minster of Agriculture (Uri Ariel) while Al-Aqsa was closed for Muslims.
  • The occupation forces caused big damages inside Al-Qibli Mosque and heavily fired sound grenades, rubber bullets and tear-gas grenades inside it.
  • Al-Aqsa Gates witnesses a high state of tension after dozens of Muslims were prevented from entering Al-Aqsa especially at Al-Silsileh Gate. The forces assaulted everybody near the gate and injured some of them with bruises.
  32 11805765_10152925238857466_1988741520_n 11774423_10152925238867466_1810319899_n 44 34 11778015_10206655411411520_1636577834_n 22 22096_810780802369353_2448549094003209989_n 11017512_810785362368897_859109383074979070_o 11223803_810785515702215_816076080417356138_n 11060085_810785385702228_1419769969289470582_n 11702784_810781825702584_1627681654060111806_n 11707746_810780799036020_2664052517561967639_n 11698678_810780875702679_4011586978563704178_n 11695763_810781845702582_659091217758927453_n 11223803_810785565702210_2617148356029637875_n 11742682_810781962369237_3007718290366346047_n 11751457_810785465702220_5359873556831941734_n 11751724_810785572368876_108366857947402233_n 11751820_810785319035568_2779912176282969242_n   11774423_10152925238867466_1810319899_n 11805765_10152925238857466_1988741520_n 11801966_10152925238912466_755421711_n 11800452_810781922369241_3734202313796269485_n 11796394_810780872369346_7440907418924542103_n 11781762_810780815702685_8940108375775060547_n   1 2 3