Prison sentences…extensions of arrest…releases
The District and Magistrate judges sentenced on Tuesday several Jerusalemites and extended the arrest of others.
Lawyer Mohammad Mahmoud explained that the judges sentenced several young men and children to actual imprisonment for periods between 3 and 11 months, they are:
- Mohammad Jihad Alayan: actual imprisonment for 7 months and a suspended probation of 9 months for three years.
- Mohannad Mahmoud: actual imprisonment for 11 months and a suspended probation of 6 months for three years.
- Abdullah Julani: actual imprisonment for 3 months, a suspended probation of 4 months for two years and a 2500-NIS fine.
- Yazan Obeid: actual imprisonment for 6 months, a suspended probation of 4 months for two years and a 2500-NIS fine.
- Baha’ Sumrein: actual imprisonment for 8 months, a suspended probation of 6 months for three years and a 2000-NIS fine.
- Nader Halahleh: actual imprisonment for 7 months and a suspended probation of 3 months for three years.
- Odai Dari: actual imprisonment for 7 months and a suspended probation of 4 months for three years.
Lawyer Mohammad Mahmoud also explained that the judge agreed to reduce the releasing conditions imposed on Majd Halawani by allowing him to go to course and refused to reduce the releasing conditions imposed on the child Majd Hadreh and Hussam Alayan.
Extensions of arrest
A session was held for the child Nour Abu Rmeileh and another session was scheduled on 10/4/2016; he was recently released on condition of house-arrest until completing the legal procedures against him. Sessions were also scheduled for the child Abdullah Abu Khatee on 29/3/2016, Mu’nes Idkeidek and Tarek Darwish on 15/3/2016, Mohammad Naser Abu Ghannam on 18/3/2016 and Mohammad Ammouri on 1/5/2016.
The judge also extended the arrest of Issa Abu Mayaleh and Mohammad Mahmoud until completing the legal procedures against them; Fadi Atyeh, Baha’ Ajloni, Ahmad Salaymeh, Samir Salaymeh, Ahmad Qawwas and Mahmoud Abulhawa until 12/4/2016 and Naeem Abu Sara until 9/5/2016.
He also extended the arrest of Anas Abu Mayaleh until 6/4/20165, Subhi Abu Khalifeh until 15/3/2016, Eyad Shweiki until 16/3/2016, Rama Abdellatif until 30/3/2016 and Mohammad Burqan until 31/3/2016.
The judge also extended the arrest of Mohammad Ghrouf, Tamer Rabee’, Fathi Dweik, Louai Abu Hummos and Odai Halseh until 16/3/2016; Alawi Risheq and Ahmad Awwad until 17/3/2016; Mohammad Shweiki and Yousef Shweiki until 11/5/2016 for sentencing.
Also, Younes Alayan and Ali Mheisen were extended until 3/4/2016; Mohammad Naser, Samer Abu Eisheh and Hijazi Abu Sbeih until 6/4/2016; Nader Naser until 1/5/2016; Ali Darwish until 20/3/2016; Mohammad Abbasi until 7/4/2016 and Omar Halawani until 3/4/2016.
The judge also extended the arrest of Luqman Aton, Yousef J’eiwi, Mus’ab Alayan, Abed Abu Ter, Mouath Abed Rabbo and Samir Abed Rabbo until 22/3/2016.
Lawyer Mahmoud added that the judge decided to release the children Anas Zahaykeh, Akram Zahaykeh and Obada Shahin with a third-party bail, and Mutasem Abu Asab with a 1000-NIS bail and house-arrest for 5 days.
He also released the child Ibrahim Zghayyar with a 2000-NIS bail and house-arrest for 7 days.