After suspended his ID (residency) and social security allowance…closing the house of prisoner Abed Dwayyat
April 11, 2016

The occupation authorities closed on Tuesday morning the house of 19-year old Jerusalemite prisoner Abed Dwayyat in the village of Sur Baher using iron plates.

Wadi Hilweh information Center was informed that the occupation forces raided the village of Sur Baher and surrounded the streets leading the house of prisoner Dwayyat taking advantage of the absence of his family as they were attending their son’s trial at the District Court in Salah Eddin Street in Jerusalem.

The prisoner’s mother explained to the center that she left her home heading to her son’s trial and was surprised by a phone call by family members and neighbors after she arrived to court informing her that the forces raided her house and are closing the windows and doors with iron plates.

She added that her house was established dozens of years ago. It is a 120-square meters ground floor where she lives with her daughter and son Abed before he was arrested; she pointed out that she has three daughters and one son.

She said: “The house is not worth more than Abed and the occupation decided to close our house and displace our family even before Abed is convicted.”

Sanctions against the five prisoners

The occupation authorities tightened their procedures against Abed and four other prisoners; Ali Sabra Issa (18), Mohammad Salah Abu Kaf (18), Walid Firas Al-Atrash (19) and Mohammad Jihad Tawil (17). They were arrested from the village of Sur Baher last September on charges of causing the death of a settler after throwing stones towards his vehicle. At the end of last January, the Israeli Minister of Interior decided to suspend the residency of three of them (Abu Kaf, Al-Atrash and Tawil) while at the beginning of February the so-called Commander of Internal Front decided to close and seize the prisoners’ homes. In mid March, the social security department decided to suspend the prisoners’ social security allowance.

The families explained that they submitted an appeal to the Supreme Court against the decision of closing and confiscating the houses. At the beginning of April, the court ratified to decision made against the house of Dwayyat and cancelled the decisions made against the houses of the three other prisoners. The court’s decision explained that the four prisoners were present in the area when stones were thrown towards the settler’s vehicle and helped each other but Dwayyat was the one who stood in the middle of the street and threw a stone towards the vehicle from close distance causing the death of the settler while the other three were throwing stones from a far distance.

The families denounced the harassment practiced against their sons and the sanctions imposed on them even before a final decision had been made in their case; hearing sessions are still being held to hear witnesses.

The families pointed out that their sons were subject to beating and assault during a session at the District court. They were assaulted by the “Nahshon” individuals and court’s guards. Prisoners Mohammad Jihad Tawil suffered broken teen while Abed was wounded; the rest of the young men were bruised.