Demolition orders in Silwan…arresting three young men from Wadi Al-Joz…and assaulting a young man
April 16, 2016

For the second consecutive day, joint crews of occupation municipality and Israeli forces raided the neighborhoods of Silwan and distributed administrative demolition orders in addition to taking pictures of the neighborhoods and their streets.

Wadi Hilweh Information Center was informed that the occupation forces raided the house of Yassin Rajabi in Silwan and handed him an administrative demolition order for his house that was established 20 years ago. Rajabi pointed out that his house consists of four rooms and their facilities where 8 individuals live.

Rajabi added that the forces ordered him to remove the “poster” hung on wall of his house which is for his son who is a released prisoner; they threatened to arrest his son again.

Occupation forces also handed Mohammad Tala Haleisi an administrative demolition order for his 100-square apartment house that consists of three rooms and their facilities. It is the third floor of a residential building that was built in November 2014 where he lives with his wife.

Municipality crews distributed on Friday administrative demolition orders to 18 homes in the neighborhood of Al-Bustan in Silwan where some of them have been established for dozens of years and the owners have been paying “building violation fines” as explained by Fakhri Abu Diab, a member of the Committee for the Defense of land and real estate in Silwan.

Abu Diab added that the targeted houses were owned by the families of Gheith, Qaraeen, Rajabi, Abu Rajab, Odeh, Abu Diab, Hamdan and Awwad.

On the other hand, the forces arrested three young men from the neighborhood of Wadi Al-Joz in Jerusalem.

Amjad Abu Asab, head of Jerusalemites detainees and prisoners families committee, explained that the forces arrested Jihad Sa’eedeh, Fahed Shalabi and Areen Za’aneen from Wadi Al-Joz.

Abu Asab added that the forces also arrested Ala’ Haddad, member of prisoners families committee, after assaulting and severely beating him in the village of Sur Baher. After being transferred to the police center for interrogation, he lost consciousness and was transferred to the hospital for treatment.