Arrests…prison sentences and high fines...extensions of arrest
The occupation forces arrested on Wednesday morning 18-year old Seif Abu Ta’a from the Old City of Jerusalem.
On the other hand, the Israeli judges sentenced several Jerusalemite children and young men and imposed high fines on them.
Lawyer Mohammad Mahmoud explained that the judge sentenced the following:
- Mohammad Hadreh (minor): a 3600-NIS fine and a 60-hour course.
- Nour Gheith (minor): a 3600-NIS fine, 1800 NIS compensation to the settler and a 60-hour course.
- Issa Abu Rayyaleh: Actual imprisonment for three months, a 3600-NIS fine and a suspended probation of four months for three years.
- Mohammad Mahmoud (minor): Actual imprisonment for 4 and a half months, a 3600-NIS fine and a suspended probation of 4 months for three years.
- Mohammad Jaber Abbasi (minor): a 5-thousand NIS fine, a suspended probation of 4 months for three years and a 200-hour course.
- Hussam Alayan: Actual imprisonment for three months, a 3600-NIS fine and a suspended probation of 4 months for three years.
- Mohammad Jarrah Naser: 14 months of actual imprisonment and a suspended probation of 12 months for three years.
Extending the arrest of children…
The judges extended the arrest of Mohammad Abed until 14/6/2016 and Fathi Dweik until the so-called conduct officer releases his report to discuss the possibility of allowing him to go to school.
The judge also extended the arrest of Mohammad Abu Jom’a until 6/9/2016, Tawfiq Othman until 2/6/2016, Fadi Shallodi until 28/6/2016, Mohammad Haymooni until 12/7/2016 for sentencing, Fadi Mit’eb until 31/5/2016 when the conduct officer will release his report and Mahmoud Mheisen until completing the legal procedures against him.
The judge also extended the arrest of Rama Ja’abees and Nour Abu Rmeileh until 26/5/2016, Yazan Abu Asab and Mo’men Mahmoud until 30/5/2016, Hussein Darwish and Odai Dirbas and Eyad Shweiki until 31/5/2016, Ahmad Da’na and Mohammad Hijazi until 19/5/2016, Mohammad Mheisen and Ibrahim Zghayyar until 14/6/2016.
Also, the judge extended the arrest of Omar Tawil until 13/6/2016, Ala’ Al-Qaq until 7/6/2016 for sentencing; Mohammad Tamimi, Mahmoud Salim, Mohammad Jaber, Omar Mona, Mahmoud Atyeh, Firas Mahmoud and Tamer Darwish until 11/5/2016.
Extending the arrest of young men…
In the same context, the judge extended the arrest of Ahmad Khalil until 13/5/2016; Qusai Khalil and Ayoub Hindi until completing the legal procedure against them; a session was scheduled for them on 11/7/2016.
The judge also extended the arrest of Malek Hijazi until 13/5/2016 to submit an indictment against him, Basel Abu Diab until 17/5/2016, Mahmoud Abu Aweis and Younes Alayan and Ali Mheisen until 11/7/2016, Naeem Abu Sara until 22/6/2016, Akram Mustafa until 8/6/2016, Mohammad Za’tari until 30/5/2016, Mahmoud Shawish and Tarek Samman until 11/5/2016, Hakim Dirbas until 24/5/2016, Hasan Safadi until 13/5/2016, Haitham Khweis until 14/6/2016, Nadim Obeid until 19/7/2016 (house arrest against him was cancelled) and Raed Abu Sara until 6/9/2016.
The judge decided to release 14-year old Ahmad Abu Khdeir on condition of house-arrest for 3 days, a 500-NIS bail and a third-party bail of 3 thousand NIS; he was arrested on Tuesday while walking near his home in the neighborhood of Shu’fat north of Jerusalem and was accused of throwing stones towards the light rail. He was released after the lawyer presented a video showing the child normally walking in the street which falsified the claims of the police.
The judge also decided to release the child Abed Dari with a 5-thousand NIS bail and house-arrest in the village of Esawyeh.