Arrests…extensions of arrest…releases and isolations from Al-Aqsa Mosque
July 11, 2016

The occupation forces arrested on Monday night two minors from the neighborhood of Al-Sowaneh east of the Old City of Jerusalem.

Witnesses explained that the Israeli police established a checkpoint in the neighborhood of Al-Sowaneh and stopped two minors while they were walking in the area and arrested them.

Wadi Hilweh Information Center was informed that the forces arrested 12-year old Mahmoud Marwan Odeh and 11-year old Ayoub Dirbas.

The forces also arrested 50-year old Ahmad Khader Siam and his 22-year old son Mustafa on Monday afternoon after assaulting them in front of their house in the neighborhood of Wadi Hilweh in Silwan; the police extended their arrest until Tuesday under the pretext of “assaulting policemen and possession of firecrackers”.

Extending the arrest of minors

Lawyer Mohammad Mahmoud explained that the judge extended the arrest of Anas Dirbas and Mohammad Ahmad Abulhawa until 13/7/2016, Ahmad Za’tari until 7/9/2016, Mohammad Mheisen and Wadi’ Alayan until 12/7/2016, Ibrahim Abulhawa until 18/7/2016, Mohammad Abu Nab until 20/7/2016, Nasr Abu Khdeir and Mohammad Abu Khdeir until 17/7/2016, Nidal Ghannam and Sami Asi until 17/7/2016.

Extending the arrest of young men

The judge also extended the arrest of Akram Mustafa until 29/9/2016, Mohammad Shalabi until 20/7/2016, Ali Zawahreh until 13/7/2016, Mohammad Bader and Hakim Dirbas until 6/9/2016; an indictment was also submitted against Yazeed Al-Daddo including charges of “travelling to Lebanon”.


The judge decided to release Shadi Aweisat with a 750-NIS bail and a third-party bail, and also decided to release Mohammad Aweisat on conditions of deportation to the city of Bethlehem for 7 days, house-arrest for 5 days, a 500-NIS bail and a third-party bail.

Omar Firawi was also released on condition of house-arrest for 5 days and a third-party bail while Yoused Abulhawa was released with a 2000-NIS bail, house-arrest for 10 days and a third-party bail. Odai Gheith, Eyad Gheith and Ahmad Tarwa were released on condition of house-arrest for 5 days and a third-party bail for each.

Isolations from Al-Aqsa Mosque

Lawyer Mahmoud added that the judge decided to release Shadi Sider and Jihad Obeid on condition of isolation from Al-Aqsa Mosque until 4/8/2016 and a third-party bail for each.

On the other hand, the Magistrate Court extended the arrest of journalist Samah Dweik until next Monday; she was arrested on the 10 of last April and was accused of posting inciting posts on her Facebook account.

The District judges extended the arrest of Ahmad Mansra until 22/9/2016 when the “internal institution where he has been detained since last October” will issue their report of Manasra. The court tightened the restrictions imposed on the trial of Manasra and banned any of his family members from entering the courtroom.

A hearing session was also held at the District Court for Mohammad Abu Kef, Abed Dayan. Ali Sabri, Walled Al-At rash and Mohammad Tail and the judge extended their arrest.

The court’s guards prevented 50-year old Salah Abu Kef, Mohammad’s father, from entering the courthouse to attend his son’s hearing session; note that Mohammad and the other five prisoners were assaulted during a hearing session last March and Mohammad’s father has been banned from entering the courtroom and attending his son’s trial since then.

The occupation authorities also handed Khedive Kiwis and activist Naser Hemi orders from the Ministry of Interior banning them from travelling abroad.