“Anger” Friday for Al-Aqsa…Three Martyrs…dozens of injuries and arrests…Prayers at Al-Aqsa gates
July 21, 2017

Three Palestinians were martyred on Friday and hundreds were injured during violent clashes that broke out in the villages and neighborhoods of Jerusalem in support of Al-Aqsa Mosque and in refusal of the metal detectors placed at Al-Aqsa gates which the occupation authorities aim to use in controlling Al-Aqsa.

Wadi Hilweh Information Center explained that the Martyrs are: Mohammad Mahmoud Sharaf (18) from Wad Qaddoum in Silwan, Mohammad Hasan Abu Ghannam (21) from Al-Tur and Mohammad Mahmoud Khalaf Abu Lafi (17) from the village of Abu Dis.

A settler kills Martyr Mohammad Sharaf

Witnesses explained to Wadi Hilweh Information Center that thousands of worshippers performed the Noon Prayer in the neighborhood of Ras Al-Amoud. After the prayer, the forces fired rubber bullets and sound grenades towards the worshippers and dispersed them; clashes broke out afterwards.

One of the settlers living in Ras Al-Amoud settlement followed a group of young men and opened fire towards them. Mohammad Sharaf was shot with two bullets in his neck.

The body of Martyr Sharaf was immediately buried in Al-Sweih Cemetery in Silwan.

It is noteworthy that the Martyr celebrated passing the “Tawjihi” exams last week and intended to continue his education at a university.

Martyr Mohammad Abu Ghannam

Violent clashes broke out in the village of Al-Tur on Friday afternoon where the occupation forces used live ammunition and targeted Abu Ghannam. Witnesses said the forces opened fire using their machine guns towards Abu Ghannam from a close distance.

The Martyr’s father explained that the bullets went through his chest and heart.

After he was shot, he was transferred to Al-Maqased hospital in an attempt to save his life. The occupation forces raided the hospital and heavily fired sound grenades in the courtyards in an attempt to arrest Abu Ghannam. After he was announced a Martyr, young men smuggled his body outside the hospital to bury him in Al-Tur Cemetery.

The Martyr’s mother explained that she was unable to see her son before he was buried due to the occupation’s attempts to detain the body.

Martyr Mohammad Lafi

On Friday afternoon, Mohammad Lafi was martyred during violent clashes in the village of Abu Dis.

Lawyer Bassam Bahar, head of the committee for protecting Abu Dis, said that violent clashes broke out in the village after the Friday Prayer which was held at the nearest point to Jerusalem (near the racist separation wall that isolated Abu Dis from Jerusalem). Abu Lafi was shot in the chest and was announced a Martyr afterwards; his body was buried in the village’s cemetery.

Prayers with tens of thousands

Tens of thousands of Palestinians performed the Friday Noon Prayer in the city of Jerusalem. Some were able to reach Al-Aqsa gates but the most were forced to pray outside the walls of the Old City of Jerusalem and in the nearby streets. Prayers were held in the neighborhood of Wad Al-Joz, Salah Eddin Street, Jaffa Gate, Al-Sowaneh, Damascus gate and Ras Al-Amoud where tens of thousands of worshippers performed the prayer.

It is noteworthy that the Islamic Awqaf department issued a decision to close all the mosques of Jerusalem and appealed for the worshippers to head to Al-Aqsa.

Cashes renewed on Friday night in Silwan, Esawyeh and Jabal Al-Mukabber.

Also, thousands of worshippers performed the Evening and Night Prayers at the gates of the Old City of Jerusalem and inside the area of Lions Gate.

Suppressing prayers…clashes and injuries

After the Friday Prayer, the occupation forces used force to disperse the worshippers. They heavily fired sound grenades and rubber bullets towards the worshippers and sprayed them with wastewater; clashes spread in the streets of Jerusalem.

The Palestinian Red Crescent explained that 450 people were injured during clashes in Jerusalem and the West Bank. Among the injuries were 110 in Jerusalem. Injuries were as follows: 23 with live ammunition, 147 with rubber bullets, 215 suffocation cases due to inhaling tear gas and 65 injuries (various fractures) due to being assaulted by the occupation forces.

One of the injuries in Jerusalem was in the eye as explained by the Red Crescent.


The forces arrested several young men during clashes in Wad Al-Joz in Jerusalem.

The center was informed that Musta’ribeen (undercover police) personnel raided the area of Wad Al-Joz and randomly fire live ammunition. They arrested several people, assaulted and severely beat them resulting in multiple bruises and wounds.

Witnesses said the Musta’ribeen personnel raided Al-Takroori grocery store as well as a parking lot in order to execute the arrests.

Wadi Hilweh Information center’s lawyer explained that the force arrested Hasan Wahib Yehya Ajloni (15), Saed Saeed Kyanyeh (19), Ibrahim Khalil Abu Arafeh (28), Suhaib Adli Abu Sneineh (28), Louai Faraj Eid Jaber (18), Amir Rafiq Gheith (20), Ahmad Adli Ashour (23) and Mu’taz Sa’eedeh.

Naser Qos, head f prisoner’s club in Jerusalem, said that the forces arrested Mohammad Najib, Ala’ Najib, Obada Najib, Yousef Hazeeneh, Ibrahim Abu Sneineh and Hammoudeh Abu Sneineh on Friday night.

The forces also arrested a young man from inside Al-Maqased hospital.