The Martyrdom of the Jerusalemite prisoner Aziz Aweisat
On Sunday, the Jerusalemite prisoner, Aziz Aweisat, 53, passed away at Assaf Harofeh hospital after being hit by a stroke at the clinic of Ramla prison on May 9th. He was taken to Assaf Harofeh Hospital.
The Palestinian Prisoners Club and the captive movement held the Israeli occupation authorities fully responsible for the martyrdom of the prisoner Aweisat. The occupation authorities kept him in custody despite the fact that he was in a dangerous and critical conditions.
Prisoner Aziz Aweisat
• Aziz Aweisat is from the village of Jabal Al-Mukabber in Jerusalem, was arrested on 8/3/2014 and sentenced to 30 years in prison after being convicted of "planning to blow up the gas line of the settlement of Armon Hantsev" that is established on the lands of Jabal Al-Mukabber.
• Earlier this month, he suffered a stroke in Ramla prison, after being transferred from Eshel prison.
• Aweisat told one of the prisoners before he suffered a stroke that he was beaten and abused in Eshel prison claiming that he poured hot water on one of the wardens.
• On 9/5/2018, he underwent a cardiac catheterization, which put his health in a more critical situation. A day later he was transferred to Tal Hashomer hospital where he underwent a large and serious operation (open heart).
• During the past two days, prisoner Aweisat was suffering from a failure in most of his body organs. He was connected to artificial respirators at Assaf Harofeh hospital and underwent an MRI which showed that he suffers from acute inflammation and pulmonary pressure in his left lung.
• The prisoners' affairs committee demanded the early release of prisoner Aweisat for health reasons and a session was scheduled on 25/5/2018 in the Magistrates Court in Ramla.
• His family managed to visit him at the Tal Hashomer hospital for only two minutes. He was very tired and was under the influence of medicine. His family noticed that there were bruises and traces of beating on the prisoner's neck.