Pictures-details…A siege on Al-Aqsa…and entering it with chants of “God is Great”
July 27, 2018

The Israeli occupation forces transformed Al-Aqsa Mosque on Friday (27/7/2018) into a military zone after large numbers stormed, surrounded and closed it for 4 hours, evacuated its yards, attacked worshipers with sound grenades and rubber bullets, and assaulted and beat them. The religious authorities and national forces announced an open demonstration at the gates of Al-Aqsa until reopening its gates.

Raid…assault…evacuating Al-Aqsa

Wadi Hilweh Information Center said that the occupation forces stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque after the end of the Friday Noon prayer and heavily fired sound grenades and rubber bullets towards the worshipers, including women, children and the elderly, during which the forces were stationed in the courtyard of the Dung Gate. A unit ascended the roof of Al-Qibali Mosque and were deployed into its courtyards before reaching the courtyard of the Dome of the Rock.

The center added that the occupation forces evacuated mosques,courtyards and corridors of Al-Aqsa Mosque after attack the worshippers, and closed most of the gates leaving some partially open to evacuate the worshippers.

The occupation forces also took out the director of the Al-Aqsa Mosque, Sheikh Omar Al-Kiswani, Al-Aqsa guards and employees of the Islamic Awqaf from the mosque by force and detained some of them on the gates of the mosque, especially at Al-Silsileh and Al-Majles Gates. Afterwards, all gates were closed and guards were not allowed to enter.

Storming Al-Qibali Mosque and arresting young men

As for Al-Qibali Mosque, the forces closed its doors with chains and besieged dozens of worshipers inside it, and forcibly removed Al-Aqsa guards. Concurrently with the Afternoon Prayer, the soldiers stormed the mosque and carried executed multiple arrests. They blindfolded the detainees and took them to Dung Gate and then to the interrogation centers. The elderly were forced to leave the mosque and then exit the courtyards of Al-Aqsa.

The Israeli mayor of Jerusalem, Nir Barakat, the Israeli chief of police, Yoram Helifi, and senior officers guarded by large numbers of special units and police also stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque.


During the raid, nearly 40 Palestinians were injured by shrapnel of sound grenades and rubber bullets.

An open demonstration and the Afternoon Prayer at Al-Aqsa gates

The religious authorities and national forces announced an open demonstration at the gates of Al-Aqsa Mosque until reopening them. They held the Afternoon Prayer in the courtyard of Lions Gate and chanted religious songs before the heavily armed occupation forces until the door was reopened and they entered with chants of “God is Great”.


Wadi Hilweh Information Center’s lawyer said that the occupation forces arrested several young people; some were arrested immediately after leaving Al-Aqsa Mosque while others were arrested from inside Al-Qibali Mosque, they are:

1. Omar Ashair, 17

2. Suhaib Hassan Hijazi, 15

3. Ahmad Khaled Abu Al-Hawa 17

4. Mohammed Abu Gharbiya, 19

5. Eyad Abu Sneineh, 19

6. Faisal Shabaneh, 19

7. Yousef Al-Razzem, 21

8. Ali Yassin

9. Alaa Swaidan

10. Ramadan Murad

11. Nader Obeidat

12. Khader Ibrahim

13. Asem Khalayleh, 16

14. Basil Qunbar, 17

15. Hamzeh Rweidi

16. Emran Mala’ba

17. Ashour Ma’touq

18. Mohammad Ma’touq

19. Mohammad Sinokrot

20. Mo’men Karaki, 16

21. Farrah Mohammad

22. Fouad Salaymeh, 17