Injured…assaulted and delayed treatment…Extending the arrest of the youth Mohammad Taha until Sunday
July 3, 2019

The Magistrate judge extended on Wednesday the arrest of the injured youth Ali Bilal Taha, 15, until Sunday.

Wadi Hilweh Information Center’s lawyer for minors, Mohamed Mahmoud, said that an absentia session was held for the Ali Taha, who is currently in the “Shaare Zedek” hospital after being shot near the checkpoint of Shu’fat refugee camp on Tuesday evening; the judge extended the arrest of Ali until Sunday 7/7/2019.

The lawyer explained that he was able to obtain a permit from the judge to allow the boy’s family to be with him during his treatment in the hospital after his interrogation. The lawyer filed a request to allow his family to visit him and to stay with him because they were prevented from visiting him and checking on his condition since the moment of his arrest.

Health condition

On the health condition of the detained boy, Wadi Hilweh Information Center’s lawyer, Razan Jubeh, explained that Ali Taha had two operations on his right foot to remove the bullet and put platinum and calf nerves. The second leg was stitched as it was hit with shrapnel.”

The lawyer explained that the boy, as reported during a visit to him in the hospital, was severely beaten during the detention and inside the ambulance, especially on his head and face (signs of beating were clear). H was also insulted and threatened. One policeman told him: “We will blow your other foot. When he asked for help and was screaming from the pain of his foot, the troops deliberately beat him and cursed at him."

He was also prevented from eating and drinking water, from the moment of his first arrest until lawyer Jubeh was able to visit him, where he asked the doctors and nurses supervising his condition to provide food and drink for him.

The boy Ali Taha was shot by the Israeli occupation forces during violent clashes that broke out at the checkpoint of Shu’fat refugee camp in Jerusalem.