Settlers storm Al-Aqsa Mosque…and decision to ban some Jerusalemites from entering it
September 30, 2019

For the second day in a row, dozens of settlers took stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque on the occasion of "Jewish New Year," while Palestinians continued to be banned from entering the mosque.

Wadi Hilweh Information Center said that 416 settlers stormed Al-Aqsa on Sunday and Monday on the occasion of the Jewish New Year, most of them wore a special costume for the holiday, while many of them performed prayers during the storming, especially in the area of ​​Bab Al-Rahma, Al-Qataneen and Al-Silsileh gates, in addition to prayers and dances after exiting Al-Aqsa, heavily guarded by the occupation forces, intelligence and officers. Among the intruders on Sunday was the Minister of Agriculture in the Israeli government Uri Ariel and dozens of rabbis.

The center added that the Israeli occupation forces, with its various elements, "intelligence, police, special units and officers", deployed in Al-Aqsa courtyards and on its gates during the two days, and deliberately filmed worshipers stationed in Al-Aqsa. The intelligence evicted some young men from the courtyards and some were summoned for investigation. They also threatened to arrest some of them. Dozens of worshipers from the Palestinian 1948 lands and Jerusalem were stationed in the courtyards of Al-Aqsa.

At the gates of Al-Aqsa, the Israeli police checked the IDsof worshippers heading to Al-Aqsa, detained them at the gates, and prevented many young men and women from entering the mosque during the morning and afternoon break-in sessions.

The Israeli occupation forces arrested Hamza Maswadeh from Al-Aqsa and released him on condition of not entering Al-Aqsa for 15 days.

The Israeli authorities gave Hanadi Halawani and Khadija Khweis orders banning them from entering Al-Aqsa for 6 months, while Areen Za'aneen received a 4-month ban.

Settlers’ celebrations in Silwan

Hundreds of settlers stormed the village of Silwan in celebration of the "Jewish New Year", and police set up checkpoints in the streets to secure the movement of settlers.

There were clashes between residents and settlers as they stormed the village, and police arrested a young man and turned him for investigation.


The Israeli occupation authorities extended on Monday the arrest of Samir Obeid, the father of Martyr Mohammed, Wassim Nayef Obeid, Mohammed Walid Obeid, Ayoub Baha Obeid and Saleh Abu Asab until Tuesday; they were arrested at dawn from the village of Issawiya.