Pictures- Demolition in Jerusalem…arrests of women and children…expulsions from Al-Aqsa Mosque
January 28, 2020


On Tuesday, the occupation authorities demolished a commercial store in Wadi Al-Joz neighborhood owned by Fadi Al-Shiber, while Jerusalem activist Mohammed Abu Al-Hummos was forced to self-demolish anunder-constructionroom in the village of Issawiya.

A commercial store

In the early morning, the Israeli occupation forces stormed Wadi Al-Joz neighborhood, in Jerusalem, and surrounded Al-Shiber sanitary ware store. After storming it, crews from the municipality emptied some of its contents and a bulldozer proceeded with the demolition operation. The store was established several months ago, and was built from tin plates, dry walls and glass.

The owner of the shop, Fadi Al-Shiber, explained that the occupation municipality implemented the demolition process without warning and suddenly, as a decision was issued by the occupation court to stop the demolition procedures until the end of the current year, and he is currently working on completing the licensing procedures.

He added that the officer who supervised the demolition process did not care about the court's order to freeze the demolition.

Demolishing a room

Activist Muhammad Abu Al-Hummos, member of the follow-up committee in the village of Issawiya, was forced to self-demolish an under-construction room above his house following a decision by the occupation municipality.

Abu Al-Hummos said that the municipality crews stormed the place a few days ago, placed an administrative demolition order, and he was able to postpone the demolition only for several days.


The occupation forces arrested 6 women from Al-Aqsa Mosque.

 Wadi Hilweh Information Center learned that the occupation forces surrounded women who were in the upper area of Bab Al-Rahma chapel, and then arrested them. They are: Nahida Abu Shakra, Nour Mahameed, Nafisa Khweis, Samah Mahameed and Ma’ali Eid.

The forces also arrested Aya Abu Nab from the area of Bab Al-Rahma chapel in the morning, and after interrogation, she was released on the condition that she be expelled from Al-Aqsa for a week, and to attend an investigation immediately after the expulsion period ends.

The occupation authorities also expelled Muntaha Imara from Al-Aqsa Mosque for 6 months.

The forces had given Imara a decision expelling her for a week, and today the renewal was issued.

In the morning, the forces arrested the child Khattab Al-Sharbati after searching his house in Al-Tur village, and Muhammad Sarhan from Silwan.

Wadi Hilweh Information Center learned that the occupation police released the women who were arrested from the Al-Aqsa courtyards on condition of expulsion from the mosque for a week, and to come again for investigation as soon as the expulsion period ends.