Details- The Martyr’s father saw his son’s vehicle and hurried to the checkpoint to check on his son but!!!
November 25, 2020


On Wednesday evening, it was announced that a Palestinian youth was martyred, due to injuries he suffered after being shot at the Al-Z’ayem checkpoint, east of Jerusalem, under the pretext of attempting to carry out a run over attack.

Wadi Hilweh Information Center’s lawyer, Muhammad Mahmoud, stated that the martyr was Nour Jamal Shqeir, 36, from the Wadi Al-Rababeh neighborhood in Silwan.

Lawyer Mahmoud added that the Israeli intelligence did not address the handover of the Martyr’s body, and it is expected that the handover will be discussed on Thursday.

The lawyer added that the intelligence at Al-Maskobyeh detention center in West Jerusalem conducted an investigation with the Martyr’s father and two brothers, Yehya and Anwar.

Jamal Shqeir, the martyr’s father,explained to Wadi Hilweh Information Center that he went to the Al-Z’ayem checkpoint accompanied by his son Yehya, after social media circulated photos and videos, in which his son Nour’s vehicle appeared, and he parked his vehicle on the other side of the checkpoint, and while they were trying to reach to the location of the shooting, the occupation forces prevented them.

Shqeir said: "Dozens of soldiers and officers were present at the place, preventing us from approaching, and during that I saw Nour's car a few meters away from the checkpoint after he crossed the checkpoint towards Jerusalem, and the bullets were fired at the vehicle from the front. I was able to verify the vehicle's number as the soldiers are conducting a thorough search of it."

The martyr’sfather added to the Information Center: “The intelligence services checked my identity and Yehya’s identity, then arrested Yehya and took him to Al-Maskoubiya police station, and asked me to head to Al-Maskobyeh Center, and during that refused to give me any information about the health status of my son Nour.”

The father headed to Al-Maskobyeh Center, and during the interrogation he felt tired and exhausted, so he was released, while the intelligence services continued to interrogate Yehya, and summoned his other brother Anwar, then released them after several hours.

In Silwan, the occupation forces were stationed at the junctions of Wadi Al-Rababeh neighborhood, as soon as the identity of the martyr Nour Shqeir was announced.

The Information Center noted that the martyr’s two brothers, Jalal and Yehya, were arrested in 2013 and sentenced to 26 months in actual imprisonment, in addition to imposing financial bail on them, after they were convicted of "throwing stones at an Israeli Egged bus and wounding one of the settlers"

In 2013, the father of the martyr was arrested while visiting his two sons in the "Beer Sheba-Eichel" prison, under the pretext of trying to smuggle a "phone sim card" into the prison, and he was released at that time on the condition of deporting him from his home and banning him from visiting his sons for several months.”