A martyr in Jerusalem…injuries by settlers’ bullets and clashes
May 16, 2021

On Sunday, Shaher Abu Khadija was martyred, after he carried out a run-over attack against the occupation forces stationed at the entrance to "Karam Al-Jaouni", in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood in Jerusalem.

On Sunday afternoon, the occupation forces shot the forty-year-old Abu Khadija, after he carried out a run-over attack, against the soldiers at the entrance to Sheikh Jarrah.

Eyewitnesses indicated that the occupation forces shot at the man while talking to him inside his vehicle.

And the Israeli police announced that 7 of its members were injured during the incident.

The occupation forces closed the place completely, and prevented anyone from approaching it, and also removed the attendants and press crews from the place, and fired sound grenades to disperse the crowd.

After hours of detaining and searching the young man's vehicle, it was confiscated.

In the evening hours, concrete blocks were placed at the entrances to the neighborhood.

The forces arrested two young men, while they were in the area.

Injuries with settlers' bullets

The two young men, Ra’ouf Barakat and Tamer Idris, were wounded by settlers' bullets while they were walking on the road connecting the two towns of Shu’fat and Beit Hanina.

Fares Barakat - the father of the young man, Ra’ouf - explained that his son was on his way to visit his friend, and a settler fired at him and led to an injury in the stomach. He was immediately transferred to Al-Maqased Hospital.

Barakat added that his son underwent an operation that lasted for 3 hours, pointing out that the bullet caused damage to the intestine, stomach and liver.

As for the young Tamer Idris, he said: "5 settler vehicles stormed the street, about 15 settlers got off from them, and they began to provoke the people and threaten the vehicles with weapons, then some of them shot at us."

Idris added - he was shot in the hand - that they called the police as soon as the settlers stormed the street, but they arrived after more than 45 minutes and said: “Police cameras are everywhere, and the police were informed of the settlers’ presence, unfortunately it was late until they arrived, wondering what if one of the youths had thrown stones in the same street?!

As soon as the forces reached the street, they suppressed those present with stun grenades and rubber bullets to keep them away from the scene.

Wadi Hilweh Information Center - Jerusalem indicated that settlers had opened fire two days ago, on Friday, in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood and the town of Silwan.


After midnight, clashes broke out in the town of Silwan, Issawiya, Jabal Al-Mukabber, Sur Baher, Al-Tur, Wadi Al-Joz, Beit Hanina, and Shu’fat.

The Palestinian Red Crescent said that 12 injuries were recorded during clashes in Sheikh Jarrah and Shu’fat, of which 8 were in Shu’fat, 4 of which were transferred to the hospital, and the rest were treated on field.

The occupation forces arrested two young men from Sheikh Jarrah, and two young men from the area of Damascus Gate in Jerusalem. ‘