Arresting 3 children…conditional releases…extensions of arrest
June 11, 2021

On Friday, the occupation forces arrested 3 children from Al-Aqsa Mosque, and assaulted the Wazwaz family members in Bab Hutta, with pepper gas and beating.

Wadi Hilweh Information Center’s lawyer for Minors, Mohammad Mahmoud, explained that the forces arrested the children: Youssef Al-Tawil, Mohammad Al-Abbasi, and Adam Al-Abbasi, from Al-Aqsa Mosque, and transferred them to Al-Qishla police station.

The police released the children on the condition that they be deported from the Old City of Jerusalem for 30 days.

The police attacked the Wazwaz family members, whose house is adjacent to Bab Hutta, one of the gates of Al-Aqsa Mosque, after storming the house.

Nu’man Nidal Wazwaz explained that when he entered his house after performing the Friday prayers, he was surprised by the occupation soldiers attacking him, then stormed his house, and attacked the "women, children and men" present inside it, by spraying pepper gas directly at them and beating them with the butts of guns and hands.

Nu’man sustained bruises in the knee and abdomen, as a result of being beaten with rifle butts.

The forces arrested Wazwaz from the area of Lions Gate - after assaulting him - and interrogated him about what happened and then released him.

Conditional releases

Wadi Hilweh Information Center’s lawyer, Firas Al-Jabrini, stated that the police released the boy Abdullah Jaber under the condition of house arrest for a period of 7 days, and a ban on participating in gatherings and demonstrations for a month, and deportation from the area of Damascus Gate for a period of 15 days, and released the boy Samir Sarhan on the condition of house arrest for a period of 5 days, deportation from Damascus Gate area for a month, and released the boy Qasem Al-Disi on condition of house arrest for a period of 3 days, deportation from Damascus Gate area for 15 days, and a ban on approaching and attending demonstrations or gatherings for a month.

They also released Khaled Abu Mayaleh on condition of deportation from Al-Aqsa for 30 days, knowing that he was arrested from the Lions Gate area, and the police released Iyad Abu Sbeih, from Silwan, after signing a financial guarantee.

Extensions of arrest

The occupation court extended the arrest of the two brothers Ahmed and Mahmoud Abu Ta’a, and the two young men Issa and Hamza Abu Ta’a, until 25/6/2021.

The court also extended the arrest of the freed prisoners Nitham Abu Rammouz, Adel Al-Silwadi and Adel Dweik, from Silwan, until next Sunday, knowing that they were arrested during a sit-in in front of the District Court in Jerusalem during a protest against the policy of evicting and displacing the families of the Batn Al-Hawa neighborhood. Also, the court extended the arrest ofthe boy Raed Al-Sayyad and the young man Louay Al-Rajabi until next Monday,and the boy, Mutasem Hmeidat, until next Tuesday.