Administrative detention…arrests…expulsion from Al-Aqsa Mosque
June 5, 2022

On Sunday, the occupation authorities renewed the administrative detention of the Jerusalemite lawyer Salah Al-Hammouri, while separate arrests were made from Jerusalem, and orders were handed to expel people from Al-Aqsa.

Amjad Abu Asab, head of the Jerusalemite Prisoners’ Families Committee, explained that the occupation authorities renewed the administrative detention of the Jerusalemite prisoner, Salah al-Hammouri, for a period of 3 months, hours before the date of his release, after the end of the first administrative detention period.

The occupation forces arrested Salah Al-Hammouri, 36, last March, after storming his house in Kufor Aqab, north of Jerusalem.

The prosecution of Hammouri began 21 years ago, and he explained in a previous interview that he was arrested for the first time in 2001 for a period of 5 months, and in 2004 he was detained under administrative detention for 4 months, and in 2005 he was sentenced to 7 years in prison, then he was arrested in 2017 for a period of 13 months under administrative detention.

In 2020, the occupation intelligence handed a decision to the freed prisoner Salah Hammouri about the “intent of the Minister of Interior in the occupation government to withdraw his residency in Jerusalem, “identity”, under the pretext of posing threat to the occupation state and his disloyalty to it andbeing an active member in the Popular Front.” In October 2021, the "Minister of Justice in the occupation government and the legal advisor approved the decision to withdraw his identity.

The occupation authorities dispersed Salah Hammouri’s family after his French wife was deported to France in 2016, while she was seven months pregnant. She was detained in the airport for three days while coming home to her house in Jerusalem, and was deported and banned from entering the country for 10 years.

During the past years, the occupation authorities prevented Hammouri from entering the West Bank for two years.


The occupation forces arrestedtwo Palestinians after they were severely beaten at Hutta Gate- one of the gates of Al-Aqsa -.

The police stationed at the gates of Al-Aqsa handed two women summonses for investigation.

The forces arrested the boy, Thaer Al-Basti, from the Beit Hanina area.

The elderly Nafisa Khweis and Raeda al-Khalili were expelled from Al-Aqsa for a week, with the possibility of renewing the expulsion period for several months.