Occupation forces raid Al-Aqsa Mosque to disturb the joy of victory…injuries and arrests
July 27, 2017

Dozens of Palestinians were injured by rubber bullets and sound grenades after the occupation forces attacked thousands of worshippers in the courtyards of Al-Aqsa Mosque.

Wadi Hilweh Information Center explained that thousands of Palestinians (elderly, women, young men and children) entered Al-Aqsa Mosque right before the Afternoon Prayer after being prevented from entering Al-Aqsa for nearly two weeks; it was closed for two days and the occupation authorities then placed metal detectors, metal paths and beams which were rejected by religious officials and Palestinians.


While worshippers were entering Al-Aqsa, occupation forces suppressed young men in the area of Hutta Gate before storming into the courtyards of Al-Aqsa and deploying on the courtyard of the Dome of the Rock.

The center explained that the courtyards of Al-Aqsa Mosque turned into a hit-and-run field between the occupation forces and thousands of worshippers as they were chased from one place to another in an attempt to empty the Mosque. Sound grenades and rubber bullets were fired towards worshippers who were also hit with baton and sprayed with pepper gas. Worshippers insisted on staying and praying inside Al-Aqsa despite everything they went through.

Occupation forces remained in Al-Aqsa and suppressed worshippers until the Evening Prayer. Afterwards, they were heavily deployed at Al-Aqsa gates and prevented young men from entering Al-Aqsa which forced them to pray in the area of Lions Gate.

Raiding and emptying Al-Aqsa

At night, occupation forces raided Al-Aqsa again and were deployed in the courtyards. They stormed into Al-Qibali Mosque and fired sound grenades and rubber bullets and arrested more than 100 people that were inside; among them were Al-Aqsa guards Louai Kawasmi and Khaled Sharawneh.

More than 15 young men were injured by rubber bullets while being suppressed at night in Al-Qibali Mosque; two injuries were transferred to hospital in Israeli ambulances.

The center also added that thousands of worshippers headed to the area of Lions Gate before the Afternoon Prayer in order to enter Al-Aqsa. They refused to enter until Hutta Gate is opened unconditionally; Israeli authorities were forced to open Hutta Gate due to the unified position of worshippers. It is noteworthy that Al-Aqsa guards entered Al-Aqsa at noon and headed to open Hutta Gate but were prevented by Israeli officer and intelligence personnel. The guards refused interfering in their duties and left Al-Aqsa.

Occupation intelligence held a list of 30 names for the employees of the Islamic Awqaf department that were prevented from entering Al-Aqsa.

Palestinian Red Crescent

The Palestinian Red Crescent explained that they have treated 113 injuries that were treated on field during clashes inside and around Al-Aqsa Mosque; 15 injuries were transferred to hospitals.

At night, paramedics treated 8 injuries during clashes in Lions Gate; 6 were transferred to the hospital.

The Red Crescent also treated an injury in the leg by a live bullet, and explained that the occupation forces attempted to prevent them from reaching the areas of Lions Gate and Herod’s Gate to transfer the injured.


The occupation forces arrested Zeid Eyad Gheith (9) and his brother Yazan (10), Hamzeh Samer Abu Diab (17), Azmi Fadi Natsheh (15), Abdullah Khader (13) and Nidal Hamad Abu Diab (42).