Pictures- The injury of a child from the village of Esawyeh…releasing a Jerusalemite activist
January 28, 2018

The 9-year old Seif Mohannad Obeid was injured with fractures in his finger after being assaulted and severely beaten in the village of Esawyeh, while the occupation police released last Sunday the member of follow-up committee in the village of Esawyeh, Mohammad Abu Hummos, with a 2000-NIS bail.

Mohannad Obeid, the child’s father, explained to Wadi Hilweh Information Center that the occupation forces assaulted his son on Saturday night while he was near his house in the village. They stopped the child, searched him and asked him several questions. While attempting to run away towards his house after being terrified, the forces chased him and hit him using their hands and legs.

Obeid added that the forces also assaulted the child’s mother and grandmother as well as his uncle, Mohammad Salah Mahmoud. They sprayed Mohammad with pepper gas while trying to understand what’s happening with his nephew, and then arrested him. After detaining him in Salah Al-Din Street police station, he was released and transferred to the hospital for treatment.

Obeid confirmed he will file a complaint against the police personnel that assaulted his for no reason, putting him in a state of fear and injuring his with multiple bruises and fractures.

On the other hand, Mohammad Abu Hummos explained that the forces arrested him on Saturday night. During the interrogation, he fell on the ground and was then transferred to the hospital to undergo necessary checkups.

Abu Hummos added that the police accused him of incitement while they were closing the entrances of the village.

He explained that the occupation forces closed the entrances of the village of Esawyeh on Saturday night and prevented the locals from entering or leaving the village under the pretext of “throwing stones”.

Extension of arrest

The Magistrate judge extended the arrest of Karim Salah Abu Kaf (14) until Tuesday and released Nadim Riyad Fawaqa (13).

Wadi Hilweh Information Center’s lawyer for minors explained that the two minors were arrested on Saturday night from the village of Sur Baher south of Jerusalem under the pretext of throwing stones.