Day 24: Al-Aqsa Flood Operation in the city of Jerusalem
October 30, 2023

On the 24th day of “Al-Aqsa Flood” Operation, a young Jerusalemite boy was shot dead by the occupation forces. The siege on Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Old City continued, and campaigns of raids and arrests continued in the city of Jerusalem.

Martyr Adam Abulhawa

The occupation forces fired bullets at Adam Abu Al-Hawa, 17 years old, on Nablus Street in Jerusalem, under the pretext that he “stabbed a police officer while he was at the gas station.”

The police added in its statement that its forces chased the boy from the station, “the place of the stabbing,” towards Nablus Street, “dozens of meters away,” and shot him.

The occupation forces closed the entire area, and their members - officers, special forces, intelligence, cavalry teams and the police dog unit - were deployed in the streets and alleys, and searched the place for more than two hours. The Minister of National Security, Itamar Ben Gavir, also came to the site of the event.

Dozens of settlers gathered at the site and directed insults at the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him. The people confronted them, so the forces attacked, pushed and beat those present and evacuated the area, despite the forces being informed of what had happened.

Storming the town of Al-Tur

The boy Adam Abulhawa is from the town of Al-Tur, and his identity was quickly announced. The forces stormed the town and closed the entire area around his house and the main entrance to the town of Al-Tur.

The family of the boy Abulhawa explained that the forces stormed the martyr’s house and neighboring houses, and carried out a complete search and vandalization of the house, in addition to destroying some furniture (TV, refrigerator, and air conditioner), and vandalizing the contents of the kitchen, bathroom, and cupboards (clothes and papers).

The family added that the forces stormed a funeral home for the Abulhawa family, “the uncle of the martyr Adam,” and only women were present there. The forces detained them and insulted them, and they were also prevented from moving around the place.

The family explained that the son of the deceased, the young man Mahmoud Jaser Abulhawa, who is the “cousin of the martyr,” tried to ask the officer about the reason for the presence of the forces in the house, especially since the place was a “mourning place for women,” and then the officers severely beat him and arrested him.

The occupation forces carried out arrests and summons to members of the family of the martyr Abulhawa.

During the storming of the house of the martyr, the forces threw sound bombs, rubber bullets, and tear gas bombs heavily in the streets of the town of Al-Tur, coinciding with the students leaving their schools.

The shops closed their doors in Al-Tur, immediately after the identity of the martyr Abulhawa was announced.

In the evening hours, confrontations broke out in Al-Tur, centered around the martyr’s house, and the forces fired gas bombs extensively, in addition to spraying waste water, targeting homes and shops.

A siege on Al-Aqsa and the Old City

The occupation forces continue to impose severe restrictions on entry to Al-Aqsa Mosque, preventing young people from entering it and harassing the elderly.

The forces are deployed at the gates of Al-Aqsa around the clock, and on the roads leading to it.

The forces also continue to deploy in the Old City and at its gates, and impose restrictions on entry into the city, and the forces also continue to be present in alleys of the Old City.

129 extremists carried out their incursions into Al-Aqsa Mosque, during the morning and afternoon periods, under the protection of the occupation forces.

Raids and arrests

The raids on towns and neighborhoods in the city of Jerusalem continued.

In the Beit Hanina neighborhood, the occupation forces stormed the homes of the Al-Kiswani family in the evening, and arrested 6 members of the family, including two children.

Bashar Al-Kiswani explained that the family was surprised by the arrest of the two children, “Sanad, 11 years old, and Mohammad, 12 years old,” during their return to their home, pointing out that the arrest was carried out by individuals disguised in civilian clothing and in a civilian car.

He added: “The parents heard the sounds of the two children screaming, so they rushed to find out what was going on. They were surprised that the two children were detained in an “unknown” vehicle, and out of great fear for them, they tried to catch up with them to free them.”

He continued: “Within moments, large numbers of police stormed the site, raided homes, and assaulted those present (men and women) by beating, pushing, and electric shocks, and then carried out arrests.

The forces also vandalized a house in the area by smashing the window glass.

He noted that the forces smashed a bottle on the head of one of the young men before arresting him.

Arrests and summonses continued in the city of Jerusalem during the past hours, and the center monitored:

1. Nasser Abulhawa, “the martyr’s father”

2. The mother of the martyr Adam Abulhawa “summoned for investigation”

3. Fatima Abulhawa, “the martyr’s sister”

4. Aseel Abulhawa, “the martyr’s sister”

5. Soraya Abulhawa, “the martyr’s aunt.”

6. Mohammad Abulhawa

7. Mohammad Al-Rajabi

8. Faisal Al-Risheq

9. To’ma Jabr

10. Sanad Mahran Al-Kiswani

11. Mohammad Mahran Al-Kiswani

12. Hamza Al-Kiswani

13. Mohammad Alayan Al-Kiswani

14. Kamal Sharif

15. Alayan Al-Kiswani

16. Qusai Obaid

17. Mohammad Saeeda

18. Mohammad Attia

19. Alaa Darwish

20. Tuhama Jaber

21. Fouad Jibril

22. Mohammad Mashahra

23. Mahmoud Abu Ter

24. Walid Alayan “Transferred to administrative detention for 6 months”