Day 38: Al-Aqsa Flood Operation in the city of Jerusalem
November 13, 2023

On the 38th day of “Al-Aqsa Flood” Operation, the siege imposed on Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Old City continued, while the forces carried out a campaign of raids into the homes of freed prisoners, imposing various fines on them, and arrests continued in the city of Jerusalem.

An ongoing siege

For the sixth week in a row, the siege imposed on Al-Aqsa Mosque continues, preventing entry to it except for employees of the Islamic Endowments Department and the elderly, most of whom are residents of the Old City.

The forces continue to place barriers and position themselves at the gates of Al-Aqsa, checking and examining identities.

Worshipers explained that the restrictions begin from the hours of dawn until the evening hours, preventing young people from entering Al-Aqsa, and imposing strict restrictions on the entry of the elderly, and in many cases preventing them from entering Al-Aqsa under the pretext that “only the elderly of the Old City are allowed to enter.”

The forces deployed at the gates of Al-Aqsa are trying to prevent prayers at its gates, and are pursuing young men and preventing them from praying and being stationed at the gates of the mosque.

131 settlers carried out their raids into Al-Aqsa Mosque, through the Dung Gate, whose keys have been controlled by the occupation authorities since the occupation of Jerusalem.

At the gates of the Old City, the forces continue to be deployed and stationed there, arresting young men and preventing many of them from entering. The forces also deliberately conduct field investigations and examine mobile phones.

Storming the homes of freed prisoners

The occupation forces carried out a campaign of raids on the homes of freed prisoners in the town of Silwan. They besieged the homes and closed the roads leading to them, then raided them, carried out a search and vandalized them, and handed over summons to follow up with the municipality for a “building inspection” or to follow up with the intelligence.

The Wadi Hilweh Information Center explained, learned from the families of the freed prisoners: Saif al-Natsheh, Ibrahim al-Abbasi, Fouad al-Qaq, and Ma’moun al-Razem that various fines were imposed against the families, and the value of the fines ranged between “475, 730, and 1,000 shekels,” and they were: “the presence of waste and weed residue in the courtyard of the house, the door of the building is tilted, a staircase is tilted inside the courtyard of the house, weeds and dust in the courtyard of the house, water drops leaking from a pipe in the courtyard of the house, failure to clean the roof of the house,” in addition to revoking the vehicle licenses for the freed prisoners and their family members.

The occupation forces also imposed a fine against the Abu Nab family, under the pretext of “writing the word Al-Aqsa Flood on a pole in front of their house.”

The forces also beat and pushed some family members during the raid.

The forces stormed the town of Silwan in the morning hours, wiped the slogans off some of the walls, and wrote “The Israeli people are alive” on them, in addition to drawing a six-pointed star.

The forces also stormed the village of Issawiya and the Shu’fat refugee camp in Jerusalem.

They raided the house of the Al-Husseini family in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood, and arrested their son, Hammam. The family explained that the forces vandalized their son Hammam’s room, detained the family members in one of the rooms of the house, and confiscated cell phones from them. They also subjected his mother to a physical search, and detained his brother and tied her up, demanding Hammam to unlock his cell phone to inspect it.

The forces continued arrests in the city of Jerusalem, and the center monitored the arrest of:

1. Hammam Al-Husseini

2. Sultan Ashour

3. Adel Nimer

4. Mahmoud Nimer

5. Mohammad Yasser Darwish

6. Majdi Mustafa

7. Four young men from Shu’fat refugee camp, after storming the Al-Zalbani family’s house, which was bombed.