Day 46: Al-Aqsa Flood Operation in the city of Jerusalem
November 22, 2023

On the 46th day of “Al-Aqsa Flood” Operation, municipal bulldozers demolished two homes in the city of Jerusalem, while the siege of Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Old City continued, and raids and arrests continued in the city.

Demolition and displacement

The occupation municipality crews stormed the Wadi Qaddoum neighborhood in the town of Silwan, surrounded a residential building and closed the roads leading to it, then raided an under-construction house belonging to the citizen Afif Abu Rammouz, and began the process of demolishing it, under the pretext of building without a permit.

Afif Abu Rammouz explained that he had to build to expand due to the limited space of his house, and he began the construction process 3 months ago. About a month ago, the municipality issued a demolition decision and asked him to implement it before the twentieth of this month.

Abu Rammouz said: “I began the demolition of the house that is built of reinforced sheet metal, and due to the stormy and rainy weather conditions in the city of Jerusalem, I was unable to complete the demolition, and I was surprised in the morning hours when the house was stormed and the demolition was carried out.”

Abu Rammouz added that the person in charge informed him that a “demolition fee” of between 50-60 thousand shekels would be imposed on him, for municipal vehicles and police and municipal crews, for not implementing the demolition decision.

In the village of Issawiya, forces and municipal bulldozers stormed the house of Mahran Darwish, and after surrounding it and closing the roads leading to it, they began to demolish it.

Mahran Darwish explained that the house has been in existence for 14 years, and since its construction he has tried to license it, pointing out that the municipality rejects the structural plans for licensing.

Six people live in the Darwish family's house, and the family's children returned to their homes and were shocked that their house had turned into rubble and stones.

Continuous siege

The occupation authorities continue the siege imposed on Al-Aqsa Mosque, preventing entry to it except for employees of the Islamic Endowments and the elderly, who are mostly residents of the Old City.

The forces also continue to deploy at the gates of Al-Aqsa and place barriers at its gates and the roads leading to it, while they continue to deploy at the gates and roads of the Old City, preventing sitting in Damascus Gate Square, and searching young men, subjecting them to inspection, identity checks, and field investigation.

At dawn, the forces stormed the town of Anata, raided a sports club, and searched it.

The forces also continued raids and arrests from the city of Jerusalem, and the center monitored the arrest of:

1. Ahmed Abu Jom’a

2. Mohammad Hadreh

3. A young woman from the town of Al-Tur

4. A young woman from Shu’fat refugee camp

5. Uday Abu Haniyeh

6. Imad Al-Silwadi