Day 50: Al-Aqsa Flood Operation in the city of Jerusalem
November 25, 2023

On the 50th day of “Al-Aqsa Flood” Operation, the second batch of the “exchange deal” took place between Israel and Hamas, and the martyrdom of the freed prisoner deported to the Gaza Strip, Mohammad Hamada, was announced, and the municipality forced a Jerusalemite to self-demolish his house, while the forces continued their siege imposed on Al-Aqsa Mosque, and the raids on towns in Jerusalem continued.

A Jerusalemite martyr

The martyrdom of the freed prisoner deported from the city of Jerusalem, Mohammad Ibrahim Hamada, was announced on Saturday evening during a bombing on the Gaza Strip on Thursday evening.

The martyr's family explained to the Wadi Hilweh Information Center - Jerusalem, that they were informed of the news of their son's martyrdom.

The family added that their son Mohammad was arrested in August 1997 and sentenced to 28 years in prison, of which he served 14 years. He was released in the prisoner exchange deal in 2011 and was deported to the Gaza Strip.

The family noted that their son is married and has 4 children.

The forces stormed the home of the martyr's family in the village of Sur Baher, prevented them from setting up a funeral home and demanded that they dismantle the tent and remove the chairs.

The second batch of the deal

On the second day of the “humanitarian truce,” the occupation authorities released 39 Palestinian prisoners (6 female prisoners and 33 children), while the Al-Qassam Brigades released 13 Israelis and 4 foreigners.

The Wadi Hilweh Information Center - Jerusalem explained that the occupation authorities released today the female prisoners: Shorouq Dwayyat, who was sentenced to 16 years in prison and was arrested in 2015, Aisha Al-Afghani, who was sentenced to 14 years in prison and was arrested in 2016, and Israa Ja’abis, who was sentenced to 11 years in prison and was arrested in 2015, Fadwa Hamada, sentenced to 10 years in prison and arrested in 2017, prisoner Nourhan Awad, sentenced to 10 years in prison and arrested in 2016, prisoner Omar Shweiki sentenced to 26 months in prison and arrested in 2021.

From Al-Damon to Al-Maskobyeh, and the intelligence vehicle takes them to their homes

As on the first day of the exchange deal, the prisoners were transferred to Al-Maskobyeh prison, and were held until midnight.

The female prisoners who were released explained that they were transferred from Al-Damon prison to Al-Maskobyeh, and remained between the rooms and the waiting hall.

The residents explained to the Wadi Hilweh Information Center - Jerusalem, that the families received a call from the intelligence services in the afternoon hours of Saturday, asking them to come to the “Room 4” center for investigation, “one person from each family,” and to bring their ID and mobile phone.

The families explained that the intelligence brought the families into the investigation center, “each person individually,” and seized their identities and mobile phones, and informed them that the female prisoners and the prisoner Shweiki would be released, under the conditions of “not holding celebrations or gatherings in the streets and in front of homes,” and not “raising flags and banners and setting off fireworks.”

The families added that after interrogation, they were all detained together from noon until midnight. Minutes before midnight, each person was transferred to a private intelligence vehicle and forced to sit in it. Within minutes, the female prisoners and the boy prisoner were transferred to the vehicles, and each family was taken to the door of their home.

In the intelligence vehicle, the families explained that they were prevented from hugging the female member who was released and were also not allowed to talk to each other.

The center pointed out that the intelligence stood at the door of every prisoner’s house after he/she was taken home, and forced the family members to immediately enter the homes, and pointed their weapons all over the place.

The center pointed out that the intelligence summoned the father of the prisoner, Nufouth Hammad, and the father of another Jerusalemite boy, and after hours of detention, they were released without releasing their children.

Difficult and harsh conditions inside prisons

The female prisoners and the prisoner, Omar Shweiki, spoke about the difficult conditions in the prisons, especially since the seventh of last October, and the former female prisoners confirmed that these days are the most difficult and cruel in captivity, suppression, gas spraying, and confiscation of all clothes, blankets, electrical appliances, shoes, and large numbers of prisoners inside the room, preventing lawyers from visiting, and isolation.

Storming the Ja’abis family home

The occupation forces stormed the house of the Ja’abis family twice, the first time they stormed the house of her brother in Jabal Al-Mukabber, and they asked all those present to move to the family house in the Al-Muruj area of ​​the town. After the family headed there, the forces stormed the place in large numbers and surrounded it completely, then evacuated it by force after attacking all those present, and among them were the parents of the prisoner Ja’abis.

The forces also attacked press crews, evacuated them from the place, detained some in press vehicles and prevented them from filming.


The occupation municipality forced the Jerusalemite Rami Al-Zeer to self-demolish his house in the village of Jabal Al-Mukabber, south of Jerusalem.

Al-Zeer explained that the house has an area of 80 square meters, and since last year the municipality has pursued it until a month and a half ago it issued the final demolition decision. He said: “I was forced to self-demolish it to avoid paying fines.”

The municipality also forced Al-Zeer to demolish a warehouse on his land.

Continuing the siege of Al-Aqsa

The occupation authorities continued to impose a siege on Al-Aqsa Mosque, preventing entry to it except for Islamic Endowments employees and the elderly, most of whom are residents of the Old City.

The forces also continue to deploy and get stationed at the gates of Al-Aqsa and on its roads.

The forces continue to be stationed at the gates of the Old City, stopping those arriving there, examining their identities, and conducting field investigations with them.

The forces also continued to storm towns and neighborhoods in the city of Jerusalem.