Day 52: Al-Aqsa Flood Operation in the city of Jerusalem
November 27, 2023

On the 52nd day of “Al-Aqsa Flood” Operation the fourth batch of the “exchange deal” between Israel and Hamas was completed, while the forces continued their siege imposed on Al-Aqsa Mosque, and the municipality forced a Jerusalemite family to self-demolish its building.

The fourth batch of the deal

On the fourth day of the “humanitarian truce,” the occupation authorities released 33 Palestinian prisoners, while the Al-Qassam Brigades released 11 Israelis.4

Among the prisoners released from the city of Jerusalem, 9 prisoners, including the prisoner Nufuth Hammad.

They released:

1. Nufuth Jad Hammad, 16 years old, has been detained since December 2021, and sentenced to 12 years in prison.

2. Mohammad Al-Haymouni, detained since December 2022, and sentenced to actual imprisonment for two years and 10 months.


1. Khalil Firas Heikal, has been detained since November 2022

2. Mohammad Abu Al-Hummos, has been detained since August 2023

3. Omar Abu Mayaleh, has been detained since April 2023

4. Dujana Attoun, has been detained since January 2023

5. Adam Ghaith, has been detained since May 2023

6. Salah Al-Hadra, has been detained since May 2023

7. Khaled Abu Asab, has been detained since June 2022

The Wadi Hilweh Information Center - Jerusalem explained that the procedures for releasing prisoners were similar to the releases in previous batches on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, by summoning the prisoner’s guardian to the “Rooms 4” police station, and informing him of the conditions for the prisoner’s release: preventing gatherings and restricting reception to residents. The prisoner and his guardian are released and taken by vehicle to the door of the house, amid a deployment of forces at the place.

The center pointed out that the prisoner and his guardian, while in the intelligence vehicle, are prevented from speaking or greeting each other, while the handcuffs are removed from the prisoner’s hands after he arrives at his family’s home.

The center noted that the summonses to families today began in the evening hours.

The center added that the intelligence summoned families whose names were on the “lists of prisoners scheduled to be released,” but their sons were not released.

The center explained that the occupation forces stormed the homes or the surroundings of the homes of the prisoners who were released, and demanded that no one be in the house except for family members only.

The center added that the forces stormed Hammad's house in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood in Jerusalem, and removed all those present except for the family members.

The press crews were removed from the vicinity of Hammad's house and its entire surroundings were closed.

A continuous siege

The occupation authorities continue to impose a strict siege on Al-Aqsa Mosque, for 52 days, preventing entry to it except for Islamic Endowments employees and the elderly, most of whom are residents of the Old City.

The occupation forces are stationed at the gates of Al-Aqsa Mosque, establishing checkpoints on them, and stopping all arrivals and checking their identities.

The worshipers explained that the numbers in Al-Aqsa are very few, and the chapels and squares are empty of worshippers.

The worshipers added that the procedures for entering Al-Aqsa include “stopping, searching, and investigating every person,” even if they are from the elderly.

80 settlers stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque, during the morning and evening incursions periods, through the Dung Gate, the keys of which are controlled by the occupation authorities.

The forces also continue to deploy and station themselves at the gates of the Old City, and in its roads and alleys, as well as arresting and examining the identities and searches of young men.


In the village of Jabal al-Mukabber, the Hasasneh family implemented the decision to self-demolish its building, issued by the occupation municipality, under the pretext of building without a permit.

The family built the building in 2014, and after 4 years the municipality issued a demolition decision, and began to postpone and freeze the decisions, and imposed a building violation worth “150 thousand shekels,” and the family began the licensing procedures and was able to complete several steps, but was recently surprised by the issuance of the final demolition decision.

The building consists of two floors, each floor containing two apartments, each with an area of 80 square meters, and 17 people living in it.