Day 129: Jerusalem during “Al-Aqsa Flood” Operation
February 12, 2024

On the 129th day of "Al-Aqsa Flood Operation", a Palestinian boy was martyred after being shot by the Israeli forces in the Old City of Jerusalem. The District Court responded to the appeal filed by the owners of the “Al-Khandaq /Souq Al-Jom’a market" and demanded a temporary stoppage of work inside the land, and the forces attacked the participating in a funeral for the "Haddad" family after storming the Bab Al-Rahma Cemetery. The Israeli authorities continued to impose their restrictions on worshipers entering the Al-Aqsa Mosque, and the raids and arrests continued in the city of Jerusalem.

Martyr Mohammad Abu Sneineh

The 15-year-old boy Mohammad Tarek Abu Sneineh was injured by the Israeli occupation forces in the Old City of Jerusalem.

Mohammad Mahmoud, the lawyer for the Wadi Hilweh Information Center - Jerusalem, explained that the martyrdom of the boy Abu Sneineh was announced in the afternoon hours, at the "Hadassah/Issawiya" hospital, hours after he was shot on Al-Wad Street in the Old City of Jerusalem, and transferred for treatment.

Lawyer Mahmoud explained that an absentee extension hearing was scheduled for the boy Abu Sneineh during today's hours, and the center's lawyer Firas Al-Jabrini submitted an urgent request to visit the arrested injured person in the hospital, and indeed he did so as soon as he received the "permission to visit". Abu Sneineh was in a very critical state of health and in a coma, and after about two hours of his visit, his martyrdom was announced.

The occupation authorities detained the body of the martyr Abu Sneineh, and have not handed it over to his family.

Breaking into Bab al-Rahma Cemetery... and attacking the funeral

The Israeli occupation forces stormed Bab al-Rahma Cemetery, located at the eastern wall of Al-Aqsa Mosque, and assaulted the participants in the funeral of the late Leila Aref Haddad, beating and arresting them.

The lawyer of the Wadi Hilweh Information Center, Firas Al-Jabrini, explained that the forces arrested 5 Palestinians, including elderly people, after storming the Bab al-Rahma Cemetery, during their participation in the burial of the deceased's body, and among those arrested were children and grandchildren of the deceased.

Lawyer Al-Jabrini added that the detainees were injured and bruised and one of them was transferred to the hospital for treatment.

The detainees from the cemetery are: Ahmed Haddad, Saleh Haddad, Imad Haddad, Hatem Haddad, and Izz Eddin Haddad.

Since October 7th, the occupation authorities have imposed restrictions on the number of participants allowed to participate in the "funeral - escorting the body, carrying it and praying over it" inside Al-Aqsa, limiting the number of people allowed to enter to a maximum of 10 people, and keeping the young men who were prevented from entering outside the walls of the Old City, to prevent them from praying on the thresholds of Al-Aqsa, and on several occasions the forces attacked the young men (family members of the deceased) to prevent them from entering Al-Aqsa.

Al-Khandaq / Souq Al-Jom’a" Land

The District Court rejected the responded to the owners of "Al-Khandaq/ Souq Al-Jom’a" Land and issued a temporary stoppage of work for the "Jerusalem Development Authority and the Nature and Parks Authority.”

Khaldoun Oweis - one of the representatives of the families in the case of the “Al-Khandaq/ Souq Al-Jom’a" Land, explained that the court rejected the temporary restraining order that was demanded by the families owning the land "Oweis, Hamad, and Atallah", explaining that with this decision the "Nature and Parks Authority and the Jerusalem Development Authority" could start working inside the land.

Khaldoun Oweis pointed out that they are waiting for a response to the request to "prohibit permanent work" in the land.

The land is located along the northeastern side of the Jerusalem Wall, and is considered one of the roads leading to the Yusufiya Cemetery and the Lions Gate.

Al-Aqsa Mosque

The occupation authorities continued to impose restrictions on worshipers entering Al-Aqsa; stopping all those coming to it and preventing young men and girls in particular from entering it.

The settlers' incursions into the Al-Aqsa Mosque also continued, and 92 settlers stormed the courtyards of Al-Aqsa Mosque, and prayed inside it.

Raids and arrests

The occupation authorities continued their raids into the towns and neighborhoods of the city of Jerusalem, and carried out various arrests in the city.

In the evening hours, the forces raided the village of Issawiya, and were deployed in its streets. The forces randomly fired tear gas canisters in the village.