Day 234 Jerusalem during “Al-Aqsa Flood” Operation
May 27, 2024

On the 234th day of "Al-Aqsa Flood Operation", the occupation municipality forced a freed prisoner to self-demolish his shops in Silwan, and municipal crews stormed the village of Issawiya and Silwan, and settlers’ raids on Al-Aqsa Mosque continued, while forces closed the gates of the Old City and Al-Aqsa Mosque for several minutes during an arrest operation.

Demolishing shops

The freed prisoner Imad Abeesan “Al-Abbasi” self-demolished 3 commercial stores in the Ein al-Lozeh neighborhood in Silwan, after refusing to issue licenses or freezing or postponing the demolition decisions.

Abeesan explained that he received a call from the police informing him of the decision to suddenly demolish the shops, and that the municipality would implement the decision tomorrow, Wednesday, if the demolition was not carried out.

He said: “I was forced to implement the immediate demolition decision, with the help of family and friends, to avoid paying the costs of the demolition process.”

Abeesan pointed out that the stores had been in place since 2021, and at that time he was summoned to follow up with the municipality, and legal procedures began and a building violation was imposed on him worth “30 thousand shekels.” During his arrest, he was surprised by the issuance of a final demolition decision and the cancellation of the demolition freeze, and the implementation of the decision was postponed until his release.

Abeesan was released at the end of last March, after serving his 10-month prison sentence, noting that his brother Ali was martyred last October, and his body is still detained.


Joint police and municipal crews stormed several neighborhoods in the towns of Silwan and Issawiya, photographed several facilities and issued notifications and summons to follow up with the municipality.

Continuous incursions

140 settlers stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque, during the morning and afternoon raids, through the Dung Gate, the keys of which have been controlled by the occupation authorities since the occupation of Jerusalem.

Lockdown and arrest

On Monday afternoon, the police arrested a young Russian man after he was assaulted and beaten inside the Al-Qattaneen market in the Old City of Jerusalem.

The police closed the gates of the Old City and Al-Aqsa for several minutes.

It denied in a statement that there was any operation or shooting in the incident, while saying that the event was “criminal” and resulted in the injury of two police officers.