Day 250 Jerusalem during “Al-Aqsa Flood” Operation
June 12, 2024

On the 250th day of "Al-Aqsa Flood Operation", settlers opened fire on merchants in the Old City of Jerusalem, and hundreds of settlers carried out their raids on Al-Aqsa on the anniversary of the so-called “Descent of the Torah,” amid restrictions on Muslims’ entry to it. The raids on neighborhoods and towns in Jerusalem also continued.

Injuries by settlers' bullets

The Jerusalemite merchant Sinan Bassam Barakat, “Abu Al-Failat,” was injured in the arm and right leg, and his father was injured by bullet fragments in the head, after settlers opened fire towards them while they were in front of their commercial shop in the Bazaar market in the Old City of Jerusalem.

Eyewitnesses explained to the Wadi Hilweh Information Center - Jerusalem that 3 settlers wandered around the bazaar market in the Old City f\of Jerusalem. They were armed and deliberately provoked merchants and passers-by. They started shouting, “This land is ours.” Then they approached the commercial store that belongs to the Barakat family and pointed their weapons at those present in the store, then one of the settlers opened fire from a gun in his possession at the young man Sinan, hitting him in the arm. When he fell to the ground, he fired at him a second time, hitting him in the leg.

The witnesses added that the settler pointed the gun at Sinan's father's head and then fired a bullet into the air, wounding his father with its shrapnel.

The witnesses added that the police, in large numbers, surrounded the bazaar market and deployed at the doors of the shops, and attacked the merchants and citizens to keep them away from the scene of the event and prevent them from reaching the injured while providing first aid to them, while the settlers threatened to fire more bullets during their storming of the market towards the merchants.

The lawyers of the Wadi Hilweh Information Center - Jerusalem, Mohammad Mahmoud and Siraj Abu Arafa, explained that the forces arrested the brother of Sinan Abu Al-Failat, and transferred him for investigation on suspicion of “assaulting a settler.”

As for the injured young man, Sinan Abu Al-Failat, he underwent surgery and his father was also transferred to the hospital to receive treatment.

Firas Al-Jabrini, the lawyer of the Wadi Hilweh Information Center, explained that the surgical operation lasted several hours, and he was transferred to the intensive care room in the hospital, and the condition of the injured person is stable.

The police were also present at the hospital, and prevented the family from entering and knowing the health status of their son.

Immediately after the settler opened fire, the forces deployed at the gates of the Old City and closed the gates of Al-Aqsa for several minutes. They also assaulted and pushed people with rifle butts and batons in several areas of the Old City and at its gates.

Settler attacks

In the morning hours, settlers in the streets of Jerusalem (Street No. 1, the street adjacent to the Jaffa Gate) attacked Palestinian vehicles with stones.

Al-Aqsa Mosque raids

On Wednesday, 668 extremists carried out their raids on Al-Aqsa Mosque (590 during the morning, 78 during the afternoon), on the occasion of the so-called “Descent of the Torah.”

The settlers performed prayers during the storming of Al-Aqsa.

The forces stationed at the gates of Al-Aqsa imposed restrictions on the entry of Muslims into it, preventing the entry of women and young men, and allowing a small number of elderly people to enter the mosque.

The raids on towns and neighborhoods in the city of Jerusalem continued, and checkpoints were set up at several intersections and roads.