Day 251 Jerusalem during “Al-Aqsa Flood” Operation
June 13, 2024

On the 251st day of "Al-Aqsa Flood Operation", dozens of settlers stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque, and the raids, summonses, and arrests continued from the city of Jerusalem, and the occupation municipality crews distributed summonses and demolition notices in the town of Silwan.

Al-Aqsa Mosque

On Thursday, 298 extremists stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque “208 - during the morning period, and 90 settlers in the afternoon”, and they performed their prayers during the storming of the mosque.

Raids and notices

Occupation municipality crews, accompanied by police forces, stormed the Al-Sweih neighborhood in Ras Al-Amoud, photographed residential facilities and streets, then issued demolition notices and summons to follow up with the municipality.

An “absentee” session for the wounded merchant Sinan Barakat

A hearing was held in absentia in the Magistrate Court for the Jerusalemite merchant Sinan Barakat, while the merchant was in the intensive care unit at “Shaare Zedek” Hospital, and the police asked to extend his detention for 5 days on suspicion of “assaulting settlers.” After deliberations between the police and the merchant’s lawyer, the judge decided to release him on conditional terms.

The lawyer of the Wadi Hilweh Information Center, Mohammad Mahmoud, explained that the judge released his client on the condition that he be deported from the scene of the event, “the Bazaar Market,” for two weeks and on financial bail. He explained that the police requested an extension of his client’s detention despite the severe injury his client suffered from settlers’ bullets.

Lawyer Mohammad Mahmoud pointed out that 3 of the settlers who were involved in the shooting incident were released from the army yesterday, Wednesday, “under the pretext that the incident was self-defense.” As for the fourth settler, he was brought to court today and was also released.

On Wednesday afternoon, the merchant Sinan was injured by two bullets in his right arm and his right leg. He underwent surgery that lasted approximately 6 hours. The police were present upon the arrival of the injured person in the hospital and then in the intensive care room where he was lying, because he was under arrest. Immediately after the release decision was issued, the police came out and allowed his family members to visit him to check on him.

Raids and arrests

The forces continued to storm towns and neighborhoods in the city of Jerusalem, and in the dawn hours, they stormed the Shu’fat refugee camp and the town of Anata and arrested a young man.

In the afternoon, they stormed the Ras al-Amoud neighborhood in Silwan, arrested two children, and summoned a boy for interrogation and released them afterwards.