Pictures and details…Storming Al-Aqsa Mosque in Ramadan…arrests…injuries
June 2, 2019

On Sunday, the 28th of Ramadan, the occupation forces along with hundreds of settlers stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque in commemoration of the so-called "Jerusalem Day", the anniversary of the occupation of the eastern part of the city of Jerusalem.

Wadi Hilweh Information Center said that the occupation authorities, along with various forces, "special forces, police, intelligence, officers, and police specialized in filming," stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque through Dung and Al-Silsileh Gates around 7:15 am, in the presence of dozens of worshipers in the courtyards where many of them stayed overnight and others were reciting the holy Quran.

The center added that the Israeli occupation forces suddenly assaulted the worshippers and harassed them from place to place, while dozens of them were surrounded in Al-Qibali Mosque. After storming it while armed, they closed the gates with chains and iron pipes, and fired sound bombs, rubber bullets and poisonous pepper gas at the trapped worshippers inside the mosque.

The center said that 1179 extremists stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque through Dung Gate, where the Israeli occupation forces deliberately allowed large groups to enter the mosque, and provided them with full protection during their tour in the courtyards, during which they performed their prayers and performed "dancing and singing” rings.

The courtyards of Al-Aqsa were filled with dozens of worshipers who chanted slogans and cheers to reject the intrusions, and refused to impose a siege on Al-Aqsa and the worshippers for several hours.

The center stated that the Israeli occupation forces pursued some of the youths and severely beat them, and arrested some of them and turned them into interrogation centers.

After the end of the incursionsperiod, which lasted from 7:30 am to 11 am, the Israeli occupation forces withdrew from Al-Aqsa and gathered in the courtyard of Al-Qibali Mosque. While withdrawing towards Dung Gate, they surprised the crowds of worshipers and stormed Al-Aqsa again and fired grenades and rubber bullets towards them in an attempt to prevent them from opening the doors of Al-Qibali Mosque to break the siege on the worshipers.

The occupation forces assaulted the guards of Al-Aqsa Mosque and prevented them from carrying out their duties or even moving in the courtyards of Al-Aqsa, where a cordon was imposed on the courtyard of Al-Qibali Mosque; Khalil Tarhouni, one of Al-Aqsa guards, was injured with multiple bruises.

A number of worshipers were also injured with suffocation, bruises and various injuries.

The groups of the alleged temple have called for the organization of large-scale incursions on Sunday to Al-Aqsa Mosque, knowing that the intrusions of Al-Aqsa Mosque stop in the last ten days of the holy month of Ramadan, but the Israeli police allowed them to break-in this year during the first days of the last ten days and closed it on Wednesday and Thursday, and reopened for them again on Sunday to secure the celebrations of the settlers on the anniversary of the occupation of Jerusalem.

Hundreds of settlers organized marches while raising Israeli flags and performed their prayers at the gates of Al-Aqsa Mosque.