Day 159: Jerusalem during “Al-Aqsa Flood” Operation
March 13, 2024

On the 159th day of "Al-Aqsa Flood Operation", a boy was martyred at the tunnel checkpoint south of Jerusalem, and thousands of Palestinians continued to flock to Al-Aqsa Mosque after restrictions and a siege on it for 5 months, while the settlers' incursions into it continued, and the raids into the towns and neighborhoods of the city of Jerusalem continued as well.

Martyr at the tunnel checkpoint

The 17-year-old boy Mustafa al-Wahadna, from the village of Al-Walajeh, was martyred after being shot at the tunnel checkpoint south of Jerusalem, under the pretext of "carrying out a stabbing operation", and the police claimed in a statement that the boy rode his bicycle and reached the checkpoint and carried out a stabbing operation.

The Israeli occupation forces closed the checkpoint and its surroundings, and conducted investigations into what happened, as well as seizing the body of the martyr.

Shu’fat refugee camp

A strike prevailed in the Shu’fat refugee camp, in mourning of the martyr boy Rami Al-Halhouli, who died after being targeted in the camp, late Tuesday evening.

In the evening hours, violent confrontations broke out in the camp, and the forces used live bullets, rubber bullets and gas bombs.

The forces also stormed the camp in the afternoon, spread out in its lanes, and then arrested two young men.


The forces, accompanied by the occupation municipality's crews, stormed the village of Issawiya, and posted "calls to follow up with the municipality and demolition notices", and photographed the buildings and streets in the village.

In the early morning hours, the forces stormed the village, stopped the young men and deliberately searched them and physically assaulted them.

Al-Aqsa Mosque

Palestinians from the people of Jerusalem and the Palestinian 1948 lands continued to flock to the Al-Aqsa Mosque around the clock, after a siege and the imposition of restrictions on its entry since the 7th of last October.

The Department of Islamic Endowments said that 40,000 worshipers performed the Ishaa and Taraweeh prayers at Al-Aqsa.

The occupation authorities continued to deploy and get stationed at the gates of the Old City and Al-Aqsa Mosque, and prevented some of the young men from entering it without reason, as well as subjecting some to physical searches before allowing them to enter.

Those expelled from Al-Aqsa performed the Ishaa and Taraweeh prayers at the "Mujahideen" road between Lions Gate and Hutta Gate.

The settlers' incursions into Al-Aqsa continued, and 122 extremists stormed the courtyards of Al-Aqsa, and performed prayers during the incursion under the protection of the Israeli police.